Why wait for the storm to come when there’s sunshine that’s waiting for you to be valued? Why focus on your worries in life when you can train yourself how to live a happier life despite all odds? It is time you enjoy living in this world. The points below will teach you how:
1. Every day or every week, try to celebrate. You should buy yourself a book, eat in a fine dining restaurant and go to a movie with friends. All these will make you feel great about yourself.
2. Help someone in his ordeal. It can be as simple as assisting your small sibling to do her assignment and as complex as talking to a friend or a loved one who is being affected by an ailment to make her feel good.
3. Never be envy of other people’s achievement. Be happy for them instead.
4. Do not strive for something unimaginable or impossible like marrying a royal prince or living in a castle. As a grown-up, you should get over your favorite fairytales. It is time to face realism. Yes, you can dream big - but not enormous enough to let yourself suffer from discontentment. For example, you can wish for a business of your own. You should complement this, however, with effort, persistence and education for it to become true. Meaning, you should only aim for what you know you can do to avoid failing and maintain joy.
5. Surround yourself with great and happy people and you will begin to feel good about yourself and think clearly.
6. Always wear a smile. It will help you set your mood. It will also allow you to win more friends.
7. Acceptance is amongst the keys on how to live a happier life. If some things do not occur the way you plan it to be, you should try to remain calm and deal with your moods. It is okay to feel bad but you should be able to overcome your predicaments to gain inner peace.
8. Make an effort to be creative. This does not only signify you have to draw or paint. You can express your ingenuity through writing (have a daily journal or maintain a blog), take dance lessons or simply discover ways to cook restaurant dishes and serve them to your friends and relations.
9. Commune with nature, especially whenever you feel like your life is becoming too slow or too fast that you cannot carry on. Transfer to a place where you can easily have time only for yourself and the mother nature. Simply enjoy what you see.
10. Consider relaxing and have fun. Life is way too short for you to dwell on problems alone. Go out with families and attend social activities.
More valuable, learn to love yourself. Appreciate your abilities. Commend yourself for what you have become. Think about your successes in life. Do not concentrate on your flaws but rather on the lessons learned from your faults.
Dr Fredda Branyon has dedicated her life to the advancement of complementary medicine. Fredda Branyon Scottsdale AZ has worked diligently to educate both patients and physicians on the true power of hope.
10 Ways to Live a Happier Life