Zen Cart is one of the popular shopping cart solutions and there is a great demand in the market to hire Zen Cart programmers because of its extensive adoption by the e-commerce companies. Zen Cart’s popularity and reach in the e-commerce domain results from its features. It would be wrong on one’s part to assume that it can be easily installed and anyone can do it. Every software suite has its uniqueness and it cannot be implemented seamlessly by someone who is technically sound but is not aware of the basic principle behind the shopping carts. Working with e-commerce business software is a business critical function and can be only carried out in a proper way by a Zen Cart developer or programmer who understands the logic behind each of the default features. Features do play a critical role in the overall business aspect but it is important to understand that an overdose of features can confuse the users thereby, rendering them redundant. Hence, a smooth functioning of an e-commerce solution calls for a great clarity of how different features contribute to a wholesome operation.
Industry veterans have identified certain best practices for working with Zen Cart. A closer look at this would enable us to understand why enterprises need to Hire Zen Cart developer.
1. Usability and the look & feel of the e-commerce website- The entire look and feel along with the navigation decides to a large extent to the amount of time, a customer would possible stay on the website. Therefore, it is critical to create an effective site framework with e-commerce elements placed exactly where the customers would expect them to be.
2. Shipping options and its set up - It is important to put the shipping and the return policy very clearly on the shipping page. Online merchants should offer shipping options, determine shipping cut-off rates , and enable shipping in different locations.
3. Payment options and its set up- Online merchants should regularly evaluate the payment options of their online store. Apart from PayPal, one should also think of Sage Pay as a feasible option because of certain reasons. First, this tool does not drive the customers to a 3rd party payment gateway. Secondly, there is no percentage fee. Apart from this, this tool offers free fraud screening tools that can prove quite critical in identifying mal practices.
4. Checking out procedure- Enterprises should ensure that the checking out process is seamless and the shopping cart is streamlined. On clicking sign out, the browsers should immediately reflect the change. Also, very interestingly, clever online merchants add the feature of ‘Gift wrapping’ as an upsell on the product page. This would create a very positive image regarding the functionality of the website.
5. Marketing tool implementation- It is important to ensure that critical marketing gimmicks such as sales, discounts, and coupons are clearly visible. Also, these promotions should work effortlessly. For example- for availing a discount coupon, a customer types in the coupon code in the text field. Now an enterprise has to ensure that this discount functionality easily works.
6. Security tool implementation-It is important to purchase an SSL certificate for the online store. Without this certificate, one cannot secure the page that deals with customer information. This certificate very importantly lends an element of credibility to the website as well.
Implementing the Best Zen Cart Practices