What is Lipitor?
It is a prescription medicine that is used for balancing blood cholesterol level. It belongs to a group of medications called statins. By means of anti-inflammatory as well as other mechanisms, Lipitor stabilizes plaque and thereby prevents stroke. Lipitor like all statins works by inhibiting an enzyme, HMG-CoA, found in the liver tissue which plays a major role in cholesterol production in the body. Lipitor increases good cholesterol levels and reduces bad cholesterol and triglyceride level. Lowering high cholesterol helps to prevent the risk of heart attack, stroke as well as other heart complications in those having coronary heart disease, type 2 diabetes or other risk factors. It can be used in both children and adults aged 10 years and above.
Benefits of Lipitor
It is one of the best cholesterol control drugs and it has manifold benefits. These include:
1) It controls cholesterol
2) It controls triglycerides
3) Increases HDL cholesterol
4) Lowers the risk of heart disorder
5) Increases the liver's ability to collect and get rid of LDL (bad cholesterol)
6) Decreases the risk of complications in people having heart disease
Lipitor side effects
Minor side effects:
2) Mild nausea
3) Mild muscle pain
Major side effects:
1) Clay-colored stools, jaundice, dark urine, loss of appetite, itching, upper stomach pain, nausea
2) Weight loss, blurred vision, dry skin, drowsiness, fruity breath odor, dry mouth, hunger, increased urination, increased thirst
3) Not urinating at all or less than usual, swelling, weight gain
4) Unusual tiredness, fever or
5) Memory problems, confusion
6) Weakness, tenderness, unexplained muscle pain
Which drugs can interact with Lipitor?
Several medications can interact with Lipitor. Prior to taking this cholesterol lowering medicine always consult your health provider if you are taking any of the following.
1) Any other statins such as simvastatin (Zocor, Simcor, Vytorin), rosuvastatin (Crestor), pravastatin (Pravachol), lovastatin (Altoprev, Mevacor), fluvastatin (Lescol), atorvastatin (Caduet), and amlodipine.
2) AIDS/HIV drugs such as indinavir (Crixivan), efavirenz (Sustiva, Atripla), delavirdine (Rescriptor), atazanavir (Reyataz), others.
3) Blood pressure or heart medications such as verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan), quinidine (Quin-G), nicardipine (Cardene),diltiazem (Cartia, Cardizem), digoxin (Lanoxin), others.
4) Antidepressants such as Nefazodone;
5) Antibiotics such as telithromycin (Ketek), rifampin (Rifater, Rifadin, Rifamate), dalfopristin/quinupristin (Synercid), others.
6) Spironolactone (Aldactone, Aldactazide);
7) Isoniazid (for treating tuberculosis);
8) Imatinib (Gleevec);
9) Conivaptan (Vaprisol);
10) Cimetidine (Tagamet);
11) Birth control pills;
You can buy Lipitor (Atorvastatin) and other cholesterol control drugs from Global Meds Canada, one of the leading Canada Pharmacy online at truly discounted and cheap prices. It caters to all prescription, over the counter and pet medications and is the ultimate destination for all health care needs.
Global Meds Canada is A Online Canadian Pharmacy which provides prescription and non prescription generic medicines available at cheap and affordable prices along with free shipping facility.
Buy Lipitor Online : http://www.globalmedscanada.com/lipitor-atorvastatin.html
Best Canadian Pharmacy : http://www.globalmedscanada.com
Lipitor (Atorvastatin) balances blood cholesterol level