Moving home is fun indeed! However, you face a problem when you have to furnish it, especially when it is your kitchen that you are concerned about. It would be a shame to opt for the commonplace steel and glass look. Do take a look at various Oak Kitchen Designs before you finalize. The strong wood in natural hues is certain to give your kitchen a classy look, something that money cannot buy.
However, you would have to think carefully and consult with your designer before you start rebuilding your kitchen. Oak is quite expensive and you would certainly not want to waste any of it unnecessarily. Here are a few ideas to get you going…
- Use a dark coloured oak for your worktables, counter tops and kitchen cabinets. They will not get dirty easily and tend to lend a modern look to your kitchen.
- A high gloss, acrylic finish on your kitchen door will help to counterbalance the old world look of the oak. Plus the light bouncing off it will help the kitchen to stay bright and inviting.
- Do get a table of oak and place high bar stools around it. A seemingly frivolous and traditional contrast will help you to achieve that timeless perfection in your kitchen.
- Integrated ovens set within oak panelling will look elegant and give you the satisfaction of cooking in luxurious surroundings.
- A small, obscure refrigerator with a bit of panelling camouflaging is ideal too. It will help you to prepare drinks or take out the vegetables and meats as you settle down to prepare dinner.
- While the dark oak storage furniture and panelling is easy to clean and do not show the dirt, light coloured ones are equally desirable. They add to the classy feel and can be cleverly contrasted with the dark oak, which in turn, creates a kind of light and shadow effect in your kitchen.
- You would do well to use white oak as well especially if you do not have small children. An open plan kitchen styled in oak is exquisite, and will help you to play the role of a proud owner even as your neighbours turn green with envy.
Contact the local designer and inquire about functional kitchen units once you make up your mind to overhaul the kitchen completely. Discuss the pros and cons of each and only finalize the deal if you are totally convinced.
Choose functional, luxury bespoke kitchens if money is no object. You get to combine class with tradition and can handle all the pressures of modern living easily. Work becomes pleasure when you have such a kitchen at your disposal and you may actually spend most of your hours there, eventually.