Shared web hosting services are the most basic type of service available today with the hosting service providers. Before moving to the shared server hosting, let’s have an overview of the hosting services.
Today there are numerous plans and packages are available for hosting services. These services are provided by many top hosting providers around the world. Hosting services are designed on the basis of several criteria, some of them are:
- 1. According to the need of the users
- 2. Keeping the market alongside
- 3. Available features and hardware
- 4. Money
- 5. According to the size of the business or the website
- 6. Kind of services one need
These are some of the fundamentals upon which these hosting packages are designed. Some common hosting packages that gained huge popularity are:
- 1. Dedicated hosting services
- 2. Virtual private server
- 3. Managed Shared hosting and
- 4. Cloud hosting services
What is shared server hosting?
Shared hosting is the most basic you can say it’s a starter pack for any individual used to store or run individual site, blogs, personal website and the websites of small scale industries. If you are hiring the services of shared hosting, then you have to share the disk space, memory, bandwidth and much more. The thing is you need to compromise on these resources as these are not completely dedicated to your business; you are sharing these services with other client of that particular host. Shared hosting has such limitations because you are paying very less and getting very limited resources.
Shared hosting services are further divided or we can say the modified versions are:
- Managed shared hosting – The term “managed” signifies many things, in this type of hosting service, your hosting account or we can say the business is completely managed by the host and each and every change and decision is taken by the shared hosting provider.
- Unmanaged shared hosting – Unmanaged shared hosting signifies that the account is being managed by the client and not by the hosting provider.
These providers offer you services you can select any option adhering to the needs and demands of the services.
These are further sub-divided into:
- 1. Dedicated shared hosting – It can be termed as a hybrid of two hosting services that are shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
- Shared virtual hosting - It can be defined as the unification of the shared hosting services and the virtual private server.
It is even further classified on the basis of the operating system used those are:
- Linux shared web hosting – It's the kind of operating system that runs on a Linux operating system.
- Windows shared web hosting – This web hosting includes the use of windows operating system.
Shared hosting services are highly recommended for infant users, new entrepreneurs, clients with personal blogs and website. You can hire these services to get a complete overview of the hosting services.
About The Author:
Shared-hosting.in is a well know provider of managed shared hosting shared hosting server and Dedicated Shared Hosting services. Server management is a very important aspect that should not be overlooked. Our professionals are highly skilled and qualified in providing server administration services to our clients.
Shared web hosting services – A complete overview