Depending on a standalone computer or a local area network is not wise anymore. It is much more effective to harness the power of cloud computing, especially if you have a huge business enterprise to run.
Cloud Computing Applications can actually do the whole lot that your own computer can do. From simple applications like word processing to much more complex, personalized software, the technology can knob it all, provided you use the exact middleware. From running applications, to trouble shooting and storing huge amounts of data, the cloud computing technology has become indispensible now. But why do you need to use a virtual machine in the cloud?
Reasons For Using Cloud Computing Applications
- Easy access of data from any computer via the Internet.
- Hardware costs come down substantially as no advanced hardware is required anymore. A simple computer with a few basic input and output devices will enable you to perform all your computer related tasks effectively.
- Software or applications for the entire company can be accessed via the cloud. There is no need to invest in different softwares/ terminals and licenses for each employee of the company.
- Leasing a lot of physical space is not mandatory any more. Storing the data in cloud will enable you to function effectively from a small area. This will help you to increase your profits as well.
- Employing a team of experts for providing IT support becomes a thing of past. You can certainly hope to continue with your work unhindered if you choose to use the cloud computing technology.
- The grid computing system within the cloud can help you to perform complex calculations in minutes, thus helping you to save precious time.
Some of the commonly used Cloud Computing Applications
- Google Apps- A group of web applications that provide different functions. It is similar to the traditional office suits. The group consists of google groups, google docs, gmail etc.
- Dropbox- A cloud application which can be utilized to store files and folders across the Internet.The individual files can be shared at will too.
- Basecamp- This is a tool meant for project management. File sharing, tracking time and messaging are functions that are enabled here.
- Highrise- This is a CRM application which comes to the users via the Internet. Notes, images as well as contact details can be collated by using this cloud application.
- Backpack- A kind of web based information manager.
- Campfire- An innovative online chat service designed for businessmen.
- Evernote- A note taking application that allows the user to make notes n the form of texts, images, webpages and voice recordings.
- Xero- An accounting application on web, it allows the user to access the latest financial records and statements in real time.
Using the cloud computing technology is not an option anymore, it has become the most accepted form of working effectively in today’s world.