Whether a brand new home is better than a resale property is a debate that never ceases to end with a definitive answer. As a home buyer, you have certainly asked yourself this question more than times than one. Considering the property market scenario today, purchasing a resale 3 BHK or 2 BHK in Mumbai doesn’t necessarily help you save money on the deal. In fact, that’s precisely why experts recommend that you choose a brand new home that suits and meets your every need and expectation.
Here are top 5 reasons to choose a ready possession or under construction apartment in Mumbai:
- The current property market, where builders are vying against competitors, offers several advantages to the buyer. You can expect competitive prices on brand new homes. And, if you are comfortable with a prelaunch offer, you could end up saving even more money. A resale 2 BHK flat in Mumbai has several overheads such as taxes, property transfer charges, renovation and repainting charges, and so on. Ultimately, this cost could sum up to more than what you initially thought.
- In foresight, if you ever decide to sell your existing home and decide to move into another home at a later stage, your resale property will probably not get the right buyers. You will not even be able to command a better price for the property as it was already a pre-owned one. And let’s face it – as you grow professionally, you would certainly want to upgrade to a better, larger home than you currently own.
- You might not notice them at the beginning, but a resale home could throw up several tiny issues at a later stage. For instance, you might suddenly notice after moving in that there is seepage in the ceiling during monsoon. Similarly, there could be other minor yet nagging issues with the plumbing, tiling, electrical fittings and so on. When you move into a property, the first you want is peace of mind.
- Moving into a resale home means moving into an already well-established neighborhood. It is likely that almost everyone in the building or society knows each other. Since you are the only new entrant on the scene, you will have to go that extra mile to socialize with the old neighbors and get to know them. There is every chance that you might feel left out in this scenario. This is something that most people do not anticipate when they purchase a pre-owned house.
- Today, amenities and specifications such as a swimming pool, a club house, landscaped gardens, fully-tiled kitchens and bathrooms, kitchen utility spaces, and such other things have become an integral part of our lifestyle. All of these features have become popular in recent times, and are only available in the newer 2 BHK in Mumbai. An older 3 BHK or 2 BHK flat in Mumbai will probably not have such facilities.
Considering all these aspects, you might want to choose a new 2 BHK in Mumbai as compared to an old one.