Days has gone, when we face problems with pen drive and unable to do anything to fix it. I know everyone is not jack of all, but if we will put little efforts, nothing is impossible. Guys, just to help you out, I have written this article, inorder to make you aware of steps and methods to fix pen drive related issues.
USB pen drive is just a data storage device that stores data by having a flash memory with an integrated Universal Serial Bus (USB) interface. Some times it happens that this device is not recognized by the computer or faces some other technical issues.
The steps to troubleshoot a USB pen drive are as follows,
- USB format error: sometimes this error comes anonymously and doesn’t allow you to format your USB.
- Click to start button.
- Right click on my computer.
- Then click to manage by providing administrator confirmation.
- Then to storage, and then disk management.
- Highlight your USB disk here and choose format.
- USB non detectable: sometimesUSB drive is undetected by the computer, follow following steps and enjoy.
- Press ‘Windows + R’ keys, to open run.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the run box.
- Device manager window will get open.
- Click on ‘Universal serial bus controllers’.
- In the list of storage devices, right click on your undetected pen drive and click uninstall.
- Remove your pen drive and restart.
- Enjoy using your USB pen drive.
- USB not visible in my computer (explorer): when pen drive is detected by the computer but not visible in my computer (explorer).
- Click start, then run and type compmgmt.msc and then click ok.
- Click disk management in the console tree.
- In disk management window, right click on your portable drive and click change drive letter and paths.
- Assign a new drive letter, which is not used in my computer.
- Enjoy, your portable drive will be shown in my computer.
- Delayed write failed error with USB drive: this normally happens when the drive is full and there is some problem in maintaining the file allocation table.
- Click start button having windows logo on it.
- Right click my computer and open the explorer.
- Right click on the USB drive and click on properties.
- Go to tools, then error checking and select option check now.
- A new window will get open.
- Check all the check boxes to automatically fix the file system and scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.
- Click start and wait for few minutes or hours.
- Once this is done, restart your computer and enjoy.
Guys, sometimes it happens that safely remove hardware doesn’t work properly, in this case properly close all your applications which are running through the USB pen drive.
If you still face any sort of problem and needs technical support, you can call me on my toll free number 1-855-352-1816. You can even visit website www.impcsupport.com, it provides online technical support, windows maintenance tools, software’s, protection tools and so on.
USB pen drive is a data storage drive which has a flash memory with an integratedUSB interface. Sometime it faces some of technical issues which can be easily fixed by paying little attention and following few steps.