The SBDC network is recognized as one of the finest business outreach programs of its kind in the nation. The SBA provides 50 percent or less of the operating funds for each state SBDC. General business education, such a management development, technical information and marketing assistance form the bulk of SBDC services. These business education services are offered via one-on-one counseling as well as regularly scheduled training seminars.
The mission of the SBDC network is made up of the following elements: To support entrepreneurship and business expansion through educational opportunities that cover human resources, management, technology, capital formation and infrastructure needs of the business community.
- To address regional economic development needs for information by providing applied economic development research to communities and regions.
- To assist in the expansion of international trade primarily by educating new exporters who need assistance in all elements of exporting.
- To deliver in-house managerial and employee training targeted especially to businesses which have difficulty obtaining affordable training.
- To facilitate the creation of economic development leadership groups that focus on the creation, retention and expansion of business.
- To provide special attention to the needs of minority entrepreneurs by identifying procurement opportunities, locating sources of capital and supporting outreach efforts of historically black colleges and universities.
- To assist existing businesses in taking advantage of state and local incentives for job creation, employee training and other expansion efforts.
Contact your local SBA office for information on your local Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
DYNAMAX BUSINESS CREDIT