CopyPastehas never been so tasty!

What to do if a relative dies without a will

by anonymous

  • 0
  • 0
  • 0

Many people, especially the young, are reluctant to write their wills and testaments. Such a person might die abruptly leaving behind property but no will to direct what should happen to it. Family members may thus not know what to do with the property and as a consequence unscrupulous family members can whittle away some of the assets. If someone dies intestate his/her family members should quickly contact a Plano probate attorney.


The law office of John F Williams Jr. can assist such families by preparing a list of all the deceased’s assets and report this to the court. The court will then determine who the bona fide heirs are and oversee settlements of any debts or taxes owed by the decedent and the final sharing of the assets between the heirs. This process can be lengthy and challenging and which is why families need to hire a qualified Plano probate attorney. For a free consultation you can reach us via

Add A Comment: