SharePoint is a powerful and robust tool that has gained a good niche in the industry. Proper deployment of this particular tool helps resolving a number of cases for organizations. The tool features Enterprise level functionality that can easily be deployed for gaining effective solutions for improved collaboration, search, workflow, business intelligence, document management, etc.
However, it is to be noted that deploying such a level of authoritative solution, maintaining little thought and effort on its consumption, management, and development can lead to poor adoption. Well, to achieve success, you must focus on aspects adapting to which at the organization level can lead to increased user acceptance and better growth. Of course, the technical traits need to follow the organizational aspects.
Deploying SharePoint – Top Tips to Follow
Deploying SharePoint for better success often turns out to be an important task and hence, requires proper planning. Following some of the best practices of successful deployment, ensure that you do away with the common problems that tend to arise with SharePoint. Here is a look at the top tips that you must always adhere to in the process:
1. Develop a Proper Plan: A clear and concise strategy is a must for ensuring successful SharePoint deployment. Whether it is for improved internal collaboration, proper document management, or effective mobile functionality, a strategy helps determining the setup and installation process of the same. Additionally, it also helps estimating the time that the deployment might take and the way you would like to introduce the software to your staff. The planning process must follow the installation of the tool and extend post the installation as well.
2. Configure the tool: Once, you get accustomed to SharePoint in terms of what make the tool useful to businesses worldwide and its capability to customize to specific business needs and interests, you must follow the planning stage with configuration aspect. From offering an access of some particular documents to a specific staff group to analyzing the benefits that deployment of this tool can have on your business, this stage is for all such considerations. Additionally, you might also like rolling out mobile access for your staff enabling the feature of work on the go.
3. Maintain the deployment throughout: Well, when it comes to getting more from your SharePoint deployment, you must remember that the process does not end with installation of the tool. It is important to update the same for a smooth and secured operation. The administrators must avoid loss of any data. Additionally, the servers and databases must also be checked regularly for preserving them in good condition.
4. Formation of a committee also helps: Forming a SharePoint committee within your company or business for better management and monitoring of the same is essential. It is advisable to form the committee with administrators from various departments of your organization. The next step obviously includes creating a forum, as it would help communicate on the development aspect and share thoughts on the next proposed direction. The forum would also let you share rules and templates alongside managing requests efficiently.
5. Focus on the prerequisites: The servers of SharePoint come with few prerequisites, which must be installed essentially for a better deployment of the tool. These essentials include the Sync Framework Runtime 1.0, Microsoft Filter Pack 2.0, and several other hotfixes. These can be easily installed through an Internet connection of the server.
6. Make the tool available for alternative access mapping: SharePoint holds the capability of providing separate URLs for accessing similar kind of site collection or a site. This is achieved through the feature named Alternate Access Mappings. When it is about making the tool function with reverse proxies, for example Forefront TMG or load balance, the AAMs work wonderfully.
7. Prepare a SharePoint support featuring add-ons from third party: Typical to Microsoft, SharePoint too features some strong and robust functionality and lack specific functionality in some areas. This is where support to third party must be accessible for benefitting through the deployment.
8. Obtain in front of Office 365: This particular application is certain to make SharePoint cost-effective and affordable. Additionally, the tool can also be easily implemented with the help of Office 365, which is sure to benefit the businesses largely.
9. Strive towards timely wins with collaboration and portal: Incorporating the high value workload and setting up operational stability, prior to moving onto risky and challenging applications also help in better deployment of SharePoint.
10. Planning must match the budget: If you want to receive the best from SharePoint deployment, the focus must lay on correlating the planning with the budget. Financial support for staff training, resources, and change management must match with the environment of Sharepoint.
Following the above-mentioned tips diligently will surely help you leverage the maximum benefits of SharePoint application development for your enterprise.
We provide sharepoint development services. If you would like to discuss with an certified sharepoint programmer from our team, please get in touch with us at Mindfire Solutions.
Receiving More from SharePoint Deployment Top 10 Approaches