Jun 17,2013 : Bharat Book Bureau presents the new report, on 'Emerging Opportunities in Bulgaria’s Cards and Payments Industry' The prepaid card category was the only channel to record growth during the review period.
In terms of number of cards in circulation, prepaid cards increased from 73,431 cards in 2008 to 198,600 cards in 2012. The number of prepaid cards is projected to grow at a CAGR of 15.27% over the forecast period to reach 438,222 cards in 2017. Banks are offering tailor-made products to drive adoption and increasingly target the young population. The younger generation is a considerable and growing target segment. According to the US Census Bureau, there were 776,724 people aged between 15-24 years, representing 11% of the country’s total population in 2012. According to the National Statistical Institute of Bulgaria, 81.3% of individuals aged between 16-24 years use the internet regularly for online shopping. To entice the younger population, banks are offering debit and credit cards with special discounts and privileges. Corporate cards designed to meet specific business needs have been introduced. For example, First Investment Bank offers MasterCard Business and Visa Business credit cards which help to manage business travel expenses and offers free insurance. Retail customers consider cost as a major determining factor over service and convenience. Due to the Eurozone crisis, price has become a major deciding factor in determining card payment options. To remain competitive, financial card providers charge minimal interest rates and low charges along with extended repayment facilities.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of Bulgaria’s cards and payments industry
- It provides current values for Bulgaria’s cards and payments industry for 2012 and forecast figures for 2017
- It details the different macroeconomic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting Bulgaria’s cards and payments industry
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry
- It details the marketing strategies used by various bankers and other institutions
- It profiles the major banks in Bulgaria’s cards and payments industry
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to Bulgaria’s cards and payments industry and each market within it
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within Bulgaria’s cards and payments industry
- Assess the competitive dynamics in Bulgaria’s cards and payments industry
- Gain insights into the marketing strategies used for selling various types of cards in Bulgaria
- Gain insights into key regulations governing Bulgaria’s cards and payments industry
- In terms of number of cards in circulation, debit cards category held the highest share of the card payments channel with 83.6% in 2012. The second largest channel share was held by credit cards with 13.6%, followed by prepaid cards with 2.8%.
- Prepaid cards gained momentum during the review period and recorded a high adoption rate. The prepaid cards category grew from 73,431 cards in 2008 to 198,600 cards in 2012, at a CAGR of 28.24%. Over the forecast period, the prepaid cards category is projected to grow at a CAGR of 15.27% to reach 438,222 cards in 2017.
- The debit cards category in Bulgaria is relatively mature and recorded a CAGR of -4.25%, in terms of the number of cards in circulation, during the review period. Over the forecast period, the debit cards category is projected to post a CAGR of -1.65% in terms of the number of cards in circulation.
- Internet penetration increased from 41.5% in 2008 to 57.6% in 2012. During the review period, internet penetration increased to 4.1 million users in 2012, growing at a CAGR of 7.72%. The growth in the number of internet users was largely driven by the country’s high literacy rate and young population. Growth in the young population supported by increased internet penetration is expected to increase the use of card payments for online shopping.
- Consistent GDP growth, adoption of new technologies for safe and secure banking, and growing online sales are expected to support the growth of Bulgaria’s card payments channel over the forecast period.
For more information kindly visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/finance-market-research-reports/emerging-opportunities-in-bulgaria%E2%80%99s-cards-and-payments-industry-market-size-trends-and-drivers-strategies-products-and-competitive-landscape.html
About Bharat Book Bureau:
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information provider for market research, company profiles, industry analysis , country reports , business reports, newsletters and online databases Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. We cover sectors starting from Aeronautics to Zoology.
In case the reports don’t match your requirement then we can do a specialized Custom Research for you. Our multifarious capabilities, cross-sector expertise and detailed knowledge of various markets, put us in a unique position to take up Custom Research demands of yourself.
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Toll Free No for USA/Canada : 1-866-279-8368
Call UK +44 7405 208461
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/researchbook
Follow us on linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/company/bharat-book-bureau
Our Blog : http://blog.bharatbook.com/
Opportunities in Bulgaria’s Cards and Payments Industry