A cracked wall or a water leak in your home’s basement needs to be addressed right away due to huge threats associated with it. It is a common problem as home owners generally skip taking some important steps and checkpoints when getting the basement constructed. Lack of knowledge regarding basement construction technicalities is another reason for this negligence. Though, it is never too late to get these flaws fixed and secure your home. Professional basement- waterproofing companies can suggest you all the options you have to fix such issues.
The right waterproofing solution for a structure depends upon a number of factors regarding the type of construction of the building and the problem occurred. If your neighbor had the same problem but the waterproofing company has suggested you a different option, maybe it is due to a different type of construction in the basement. While taking the final decision regarding how to fix the problem, you should think about a long term solution to keep your home safe. Some of the commonly suggested basements waterproofing solutions are
• French drain system – It is probably the earliest of the drainage systems used as it is being used for more than a hundred years now. Using this system ensures very less chances of facing a situation like water leakage.
• Exterior basement waterproofing – If after several years of construction, your basement is showing signs of damage and water leak, an external basement waterproofing solution may promise you assured results. If this solution has been put forward as a workable way out by the basement waterproofing New Jersey, you can think of installing such a system without giving it a second thought.
• Polyurethane injection method – It can be an effective solution if the basement has developed cracks due to extensive pressure on the walls or water leakage. It is a cost effective method and will ensure no water enters from the cracks appeared. It involves filling up of cracks by a material that prevents further water seepage.
These and various other waterproofing solutions can be suggested by the professionals depending upon the cause of the issue. Apart from these, here are some tips that homeowners should keep in mind while opting for waterproofing –
• Make proper provisions for letting out the ground water, roof water and household waste water. It is the main cause of leakage.
• Direct the waste water to gutter or drainage with the help of PVC pipes.
• If water spouts have been installed in your lawn, keep them at a large distance from your home’s foundation. Keep the water sprayed under control.
• If you have installed flower beds around your home, maintain a distance between the two so as to avoid water seepage. If you do not have any idea about how much distance should be maintained, consult an expert.
Your Basement Waterproofing Options and Some Useful Tips