Mac OS X 10.6.3 update is a very useful, and a highly recommended update for improving system’s performance, compatibility, and security. When installing this update using Software Update, Combo installer, or Delta, chances are that you may encounter issues when system hangs. Though this issue is rarely observed but when it occurs, you may find your computer unbootable with no apparent way to boot the system and access your vital data. These are some situations when you need Apple OS X Recovery tips to troubleshoot the problem.
Before mentioning the solutions to these problems, let’s first consider a relevant situation and then the possible corresponding symptoms of this problem. Suppose you, as Mac OS 10.6 user, decide to install the OS X 10.6.3 update. But contrary to your expectations, the installation process hangs. Consequently, the installation just sits there with a spinning color wheel. Alternatively, you may see a blank screen, which is blue, gray, or black in color.
In some situations, after you restart the computer forcefully, the system might appear as healthy but with some corrupted files. This typically occurs when system runs restarting commands or performs some maintenance-based tasks.
Following are the basic solutions to resolve the stated problems when installing a Mac update:
• Make sure that you give ample time, precisely up to half an hour, for the installation process to continue properly
• If the hard drive stops responding, instantly hard-reset it. In other situations, wait until you stop hearing any sound from the hard drive.
• Boot the computer immediately after powering down in safe mode. You can then run steps to verify hard disk integrity, fix permissions, and run system maintenance utilities.
• It is highly recommended to download and run ‘Combo’ updater in safe mode even if the computer works properly.
• Use Disk Utility to fix permissions
• If the installation doesn’t work as expected, perform archive and install or restore from the last available data backup and install Snow Leopard from install DVD.
In case of any data backup related concerns, before or after reinstalling Snow Leopard, you can use Apple Recovery Software, which are available for recovering lost and deleted data in data loss situations. Apple OS X Recovery applications are simple-to-use and can be used to recover data lost due to any logical crash.
Stellar Phoenix Macintosh Data Recovery is a high-end tool with rich graphic features that enables risk-free data recovery from Mac OS X 10.6.x, 10.5.x, 10.4.x, and 10.3.9 computers. This Apple Recovery Software features advanced options plus secure scanning algorithms for recovering all types of files and folders.
Tips to Solve Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update Installation