Cosmetic dentistry has come a long way. Today, a perfect smile is not just available to Hollywood celebrities. Your Leawood cosmetic dentist can give you that same dazzling smile using the most state-of-the-art procedures. For a picture-perfect smile, check to confirm that your Leawood dentist can offer these services:
• Tooth Whitening—This procedure can correct a variety of tooth discolorations caused by food stains, chemical damage, or just aging. Tooth whitening can restore brightness to teeth that have yellow, brown, or mottled staining. You can opt for home whitening, which allows you to have control over whitening your teeth on a gradual basis. In-office whitening is a great alternative if you don’t want to wear whitening trays at all and want the effect of instant whitening. You can have whiter teeth in less than two hours with in-office whitening!
• Inlays and Onlays—This procedure is recommended when teeth are damaged, but the damaged area is too small for a crown and too large for a filling. Inlays and onlays are bonded to the damaged area of the tooth and can last from ten to thirty years, because they can actually increase tooth strength up to 75%.
• Tooth Bonding—This procedure is used to mend misarranged teeth, cracks, chips, and discolorations. The bonding is actually a tooth colored plastic resin that can be polished to form that desired shaped.
• Crowns—This is a long-term solution to fractured, traumatized, diseased teeth or teeth with root canals or failed fillings. The crown can be fabricated of strong, high-grade porcelain to match the look of your other teeth. Your dentist may have CEREC available—It’s the new CAD/CAM restoration technology that only requires one office visit for a new crown. CEREC crowns are metal-free, made of the best quality ceramic.
• Metal Free Dentistry—Amalgam “silver” fillings are a thing of the past. They contain 50% mercury that can corrode, leak, and form ugly stains. Tooth-colored composite fillings are the alternative. They are stronger and last longer than “silver” fillings, and they complete the look of a white smile. No one would ever know you had any fillings when composite fillings are used.
A perfect smile begins with a healthy smile. Make sure that your Leawood dentist is utilizing the latest in metal-free dentistry. Your dentist should be offering bonding, inlays and onlays, and crowns that remove tooth imperfections using the newest, tooth-colored materials. And finally, to complete that gorgeous smile, the best Leawood cosmetic dentist will be able to offer a choice of effective whitening procedures: home whitening or in-office whitening. Dr. Sonal Bhoot provides all of these services in the Leawood area. Visit her online at www.dentalexpressionsleawood.com.
Lindsey Almeida resides in Independence, Missouri where she is currently a freelance writer covering topics like Leawood cosmetic dentist achievements and local news. She is working on her degree in psychology and wants to help people. In her free time, she likes to travel and spend time learning about wildlife.
How to Get That Perfect Hollywood Smile from Your Leawood