Your wisdom teeth will quickly appear at the time you get to the age of 17. However, it may happen that one of your wisdom teeth will find it difficult to come out. This may cause you terrible pain (not to mention, sleeplessness), gum inflammation and even ulcers. It is for these reasons that your dentist will suggest wisdom tooth removal in Austin for you. Don't be scared because you will be able to recover quickly from this dental treatment with his good care and with some preparations before the surgery. Consider the list below.
1. A day (or a few days) before your dental appointment, go to the supermarket and get soft food items like yogurt, gelatin and cottage cheese. You will have to just ignore consuming foods that will need you to chew because this is not realistic. Likewise, don't try to eat those that are incredibly cold and hot because this will cause you agonizing pain. They may even impact the area operated.
2. Look for a person who can drive and go along with you to the dental office. Remember, you will feel dazed after the wisdom tooth removal in Austin; it is unlikely for you to drive home. He will also prescribe you medicines that will help you relieve pain; hence, you need somebody to buy them for you at the drug store.
3. A day before the operation, call the dental office and confirm the appointment. This is just to make sure that nothing changes in the schedule and that the dentist has no urgent meeting to attend to.
4. Right after you agreed with the elimination of your wisdom tooth, it's important to tell your dentist about the medicines that you are taking on a regular basis (if there’s any) and ask him if you need to stop them for a certain amount of hours or days or if you should stay away from taking any drugs a day or a few days before the surgery. It's also wise to inquire if there are certain foods that you have to avoid eating for particular time.
5. For your relief, you may want to inquire more about the procedure before it happens. Ask him if local anesthesia, which will numb your jaw and mouth, is necessary. Furthermore, request specifics of the process itself - how long it usually takes, what are the additional complications, is there a possibility of nerve damage and are there other treatments after. Most significant, ask about the period of recovery.
6. Lastly, do not visit the dental office without brushing and rinsing your teeth with mouthwash. This helps minimize the amount of bacteria inside your mouth.
7. Get enough rest; sleep early. Get out of bed early and promise not to stress yourself with scary thoughts.
You must feel positive about the wisdom tooth removal in Austin as you get out of bed on the morning of your consultation. Wear comfy clothing so you feel relaxed. Look forward to pain-free days because you have managed to have the surgery.
Preparations before Wisdom Tooth Removal in Austin