The bedroom is the most personal space in a household. It is where you seek refuge after long tiring days. A clean bedroom is a blessing – it comforts you and helps you relax. It is also been said that a clean and calm bedroom helps with sleep. Smooth, unruffled covers and plumped pillows soothe your nerve after long days. But sometimes due to our busy schedule we tend to ignore cleaning up our bedrooms. However, cleaning your bedroom mustn’t take long. Here is how you can achieve it without upsetting your busy schedule.
Keep the supplies in hand
When you are busy in the morning you don’t have time to look for the cleaning supplies. So, keep a separate set ready at the back of your wardrobe to clean your bedroom on the go. Tools you may need are – microfiber duster, easy mops, glass and surface wipes, and disinfectant floor cleaner etc.
Do more at once
Time management is important. So, learn to do multi-tasking, like – when you are chatting with your friend over the phone, do the dusting. This will help you optimize your time and will make the cleaning task easier.
Preparing yourself for the job
Keep the dusting clothes close to your hand so you can easily find them in the morning. Dusting and straightening the bedside table mustn’t take more than four minutes time. Rearrange the things in the bedside table and straighten the bed sheet. Once a week change linen.
Dust off the curtains once in every two week. Dust mites gather in the curtains which can cause health issues and breathing problem. Vacuum the draperies or use your hair dryer to blow off the dirt from delicate fabrics.
Things to do for a cleaner bedroom
- Arrange your bookshelf and throw away old magazines. Getting rid of all old newspapers and magazines will make your bedroom look cleaner and tidier.
- Tidy up your closet. This will help making room for your new purchases. You would be surely surprised to see how much more space you can manage by arranging your clothes.
- Take down the cobwebs. It mustn’t take you more than five minutes to clean the cobwebs from the corners of the room.
- Dust furniture, electronic appliances, light shades, fans, switch boards, laptop etc. with a piece of dry dusting mitt.
- Apply shiner on the door knobs and metal ornamentations of the bed. Wipe them off with a piece of dry cloth.
- Mix disinfectant in a bucket of water and mop the floor. You may use easy mops that mops floor cleaner.
- Vacuum the air conditioner once in every two months. This will also help in saving energy bills.
- Wash the inside of windows and clean the glass surfaces using glass surface cleaner.