Capture a unique audience and generate leads by showcasing your works online via a portfolio website. Portfolio websites are not only great at establishing your online presence to support your brand, company, or products, and services. It can also be used to directly generate business leads which you can eventually turn into sales. Here are some pointers on how to create an online portfolio website geared towards generating leads for your business:
- Choose a niche that will attract your specific target audience. Coming up with a portfolio website that features content that will cater to your audience will have a higher yield of unique traffic.
- Make your website design stunning by showcasing your best works that will attract viewers. Website features that complement your products, services, brand, or company, will surely add impact to your online portfolio site.
- Offer various interactive features such as newsletter subscriptions, announcements, news, and events to keep your portfolio website current and up to date. This will also allow you to continually connect and communicate with your audience which in time may decide to avail of your products and services.
- Make your online portfolio social media ready. By seamlessly integrating your online portfolio website to various online social media networking platforms, you become enabled to instantly connect to a larger scope of audience that may in turn become interested in your products or services. This is also a convenient way of connecting to your audience.
- Optimize your pages. To achieve better search query results and higher page ranks in search engines, you need to use basic search engine optimization tools. Most website development platforms often feature built-in search engine optimization options which you can use to help optimize your pages. You may also choose to use various online techniques to optimize your pages such as uploading fresh and relevant content, improving on keyword search, and more.
- Use lead generation tools and techniques to help generate unique leads that you can turn into sales. There are plenty of online marketing tools that are designed for lead generation. These methods, techniques, and strategies can be used in online portfolio websites as well. Some of these methods include email marketing, opt-in emails, subscriptions, membership, promos, rewards programs, and other online marketing tools.
- Include your contact information when building your portfolio website so that interested or potential customers may be able to contact you when interested in availing of any of your offers or simply want to find out more about your products and services.
- You may also consider including an eCommerce interface in your portfolio website. By making your products or services available online, you get the chance to instantly convert leads into actual sales. Portfolio websites can be embedded with eCommerce plugins that can help you build a customized shopping cart, checkout counter, payment facilities, and after sales support systems.
Portfolio websites are one of the most dynamic and versatile types of websites, it can feature just about any type of product or service. When building your online portfolio website, include in your planning stage on how to maximize the use of your site by using basic lead generation tools.