In winter season, we rely on boilers to keep our houses warm. Traditional and Combi boiler heats our houses, but they accomplish it in different ways. If boilers not properly serviced on a regular basis, the heating system can present carbon-monoxide hazards. Regular boiler maintenance can prevent or identify the problem before that turn into major damage. A proper boiler maintenance checklist makes you aware of potential issues and keeps your central heating system operating proficiently. The expert Gas Safe registered engineer runs boiler tests to ensure that the boiler can perform its designated function in a proficient manner. Any issues found in the boiler system should result in an immediate call to a professional Gas Safe registered engineer.
- If you start up a boiler system that no one has run in a while, you should disassemble the boiler system and clean all the parts properly. If your engineer does not clean the boiler, it can develop corrosion, cracks and can even explode.
- The professional engineer should test the all safety relief valve to make sure that all the valves of boiler system work properly. Otherwise, the boiler could explode at any moment. The inspection of the draft regulator is also important.
- Proper internal and external inspection is essential on a regular basis. The engineer should check for any oil leaks from the tank and above group piping/fittings. He should also inspect fireside surfaces, ash pit, firebox and ducts.
- All mechanical devices, such as fans, within the boiler should lubricate during the maintenance process. If not, these mechanical parts can experience friction that can cause damage and ruin the boiler in many ways.
- The technician should inspect the gasket because it can develop leaks and damage. So he should check and replace any leaking gaskets on the low and auxiliary water cut off controls after cleaning these controls.
- The inspection of test electronic controls is also important to make sure to ensure that they function properly. The Gas Safe Registered engineer must recalibrate the controls to the changes made to the boiler.
- The technician should always replace some parts such burner nozzle and the fuel filter, no matter what the condition of the boiler. After repairs, the engineer should give you a report of all repairs performed in the future maintenance process.
So remove the risk of expensive repair bills with regular boiler maintenance. If you are looking for a reliable Gas Safe Registered engineer, Midland Gas can help you. Midland Gas is an established and independent plumbing and gas company specialise in providing gas installation and repairs, central heating installation, combi boiler installation, landlord gas safety checks and certificates. Contact us today!
Jassica Diaz is a professional writer, recently she has written several articles for Midland Gas, an independent gas company. The company offering a range of gas plumbing services including gas installation, combi boiler installation & boiler maintenance in UK.