Carpets, a long time ago just an essential furnishing, has gradually evolved into an item of elegant and aesthetic decor, changing in styles to suit the convenience of the user. However, one thing remains the same – the challenge of maintaining a clean carpet. Whether it is a coffee stain, unclean shoes, or pet disasters / <a href=” http://qualitycarpetcleaningco.co/free-cleaning-tips/”>pet stains on carpet</a>, once the grime is in, it comes out only with much difficulty. According to American Lung Association and Environmental Protection Agency, carpets carry dust mites, pet dander, cockroach allergens, mold, pesticides, dirt, etc., trapping them inside. These pollutants once airborne cause many health issues to those who are regularly in the environment. The following are major health hazards of dirty carpets.
- Asthma – Dirty and damp carpets can cause asthma which is an allergic reaction to tiny particles. Though not usually life threatening, a severe case of asthma can decrease quality of life.
- Mold – This is a type of fungi which sends out airborne spores containing bacteria that affect humans and animals. This can cause respiratory and other health issues which, if not attended to immediately, can turn fatal.
- Athlete’s foot – An unclean carpet has innumerable parasitic organisms in it which may enter the body of an individual through cuts or wounds on feet, causing Athlete’s foot; a fungal infection seen between the toes and on the sole.
- Dust mites – These are insects thriving on the fungi and bacteria which accumulate on dirty carpets. Once they die their carcasses are inhaled by those who come in close contact with this carpet, causing allergic reactions like rashes, eye and nose irritation.
- Pet dander – Many people are allergic to hair and skin shed by animals, and this gets trapped into a carpet till it is cleaned causing health issues in individuals. Pet stains which emit fumes causing health problems, especially for children and pregnant women, is another hazard of an unclean carpet.
Vacuuming using power a brush helps to maintain a fairly healthy carpet. There are many professionals who provide their services in carpet cleaning. Resorting to them on a regular basis keeps your office and home protected from those allergy inducing dirty carpets. This reduces your effort to maintain a healthy and clean indoor environment. According to American Lung Association and Environmental Protection Agency, carpets carry dust mites, pet dander, cockroach allergens, mold, pesticides, dirt, etc., trapping them inside.