Before knowing anything about the orthopedic knee surgeons of Fayetteville, we need to have a clear conception of what orthopedic surgery is. An orthopedic surgery is that which is related to the treatment of injuries in the musculoskeletal system. A very common procedure of the surgery involves the operation of the knee, called knee arthroscopy.
This surgery involves the use of tiny cameras and surgical tools into the knee through small incisions.
● Who are orthopedic surgeons?
Physicians who dedicate himself in treating patients suffering from injuries or diseases affecting the musculoskeletal system are called orthopedic surgeons.
● Orthopedic surgeons of Fayetteville, Ar :
Fayetteville, Ar is the city of Fayetteville in the Arkansas state of the United States.
This city accounts for some of the best renowned orthopedic surgeons.
○ Dr. Robert J. Tomlinson
Dr. Tomlinson is a renowned orthopedic surgeon of Fayetteville, Ar. He is an expert in treating disorders of the knee and shoulder. The founder of Tomlinson Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Dr. Tomlinson was part of the team of ten surgeons chosen overseas to have performed a chondral transplant. He graduated with Biochemistry honors at Occidental college, Los Angeles. Thereafter he started studying exercise physiology at the Hahnemann University, Pennsylvania. He got his Doctorate degree in Medicine from the Tulane University in New Orleans before becoming the chief orthopedic surgeon at the Charity Hospital. According to the Tulane orthopedic program, he was mentored by Dr. Jack Hughston. After completing a fellowship program in sports medicine , he provided orthopedic care for sports teams. He joined as a practitioner and lecturer on injuries related to sports and their treatment at the Southern California Orthopedic Institute. Dr. Tomlinson shifted to Arkansas in 1933 to work with the University of Arkansas Women’s Athletic Department. He is a lecturer on knee and shoulder related injuries and has published numerous national research works. He is currently residing at Arkansas.
● Dr. Tomlinson as an orthopedic knee surgeon :
Being an experienced orthopedic knee surgeons of Fayetteville, Dr. Robert Tomlinson lists some of the primary causes behind knee pain.
○ Tear in the Anterior Cruciate Ligament – It has to be replaced as early as possible by autograft or allograft
○ Articular Cartilage Injury – Microfracture surgery can lessen the pain
○ Knee pain in children mainly occurs due to imbalance in the muscle and inflammation of bones.
○ Injury in the Medical Collateral Ligament – usually requires surgery
○ Meniscal tears – can be cured with arthroscopic meniscectomy
○ Osteoarthritis – the breakdown in articular cartilage of a joint needs total knee arthroplasty, that is replacement.
○ Patellofemoral pain syndrome – refers to pain around the joint of the knee cap. The main cause is the excessive load on the patellofemoral joint.
● Contact immediately :
Dr. Robert Tomlinson is an extremely skilled and experienced orthopedic knee surgeon of Fayetteville. Patients suffering from knee injuries can contact him at the following address for further enquiries.
Tomlinson Orthopedic and Sports Medicine
212, West Monroe Ave., Suite A
Contact No : 479.770.5200
Fax : 479.770.5201
E-mail : Robert@tomlinsonmd.com
Fayetteville Orthopedic Knee Surgeons