If you want a new look for your cooking area and need a makeover, you can always opt to get kitchen remodeling services. This renovation usually includes repainting your kitchen, adding new appliances, changing the fixtures and installation of the cabinets. But, some people are challenged with the job and want to save a lot of money by doing all these by themselves.
Let’s begin with cabinet installation. Read on and check out if you can do all these alone:
Kitchen Remodeling and Cabinet Installation
- Finalize the design of your kitchen. Be certain of your color scheme, design, motif and choice of fixtures.
- Check the area. Is the space appropriate enough for new cabinets? Make sure to take accurate measurements.
- Once you have decided on what design you like, visit a home depot and choose which cabinets you would like for your kitchen area.
- When you have them delivered, check the cabinets and confirm that their size, color and measurements are correct.
- Identify the location of the cabinet in your cooking area. Mark them on the wall with a pencil.
- You should firstly set up the wall cabinets.
- Pinpoint the appropriate placement by making a calculation from your flooring.
- You must also consider the space needed for your countertops, base cabinet and others.
- Sum up the dimensions of these and specify where exactly the cabinet’s bottom should be.
- Then, you may label the top of the cabinets.
- Look for the wall studs and tag their spots on top of and at least 6 inches underneath the cabinet bottom will be placed.
- Consecutive lines from top to bottom among both sets of marks will indicate the center of the studs.
- Place a support rail that is non-permanent. Arrange the top of the rail and the cabinet’s bottom edge. Then, screw a 1x3 inch support to the wall by two inch screws.
- Connect every cabinet simultaneously by positioning them backside up. Take note of the elevation since it may produce a ridge amongst the cabinets. You can even them up.
- Install overhead cabinets and utilize wood screws to secure them.
- When setting up the base cabinets, the corner or end cabinet initially goes in. Level it and make sure everything is in measured accordingly and aligned.
- Hold your cupboards together. If you need more clearance for your drawers, you can use a filler strip.
- You can now start drilling the screws into the studs and remove any unnecessary material.
- You may do some finishing touches and connect short pieces of wood from your countertop to your base cabinets.
Trust Only the Experts for Your Kitchen Makeover
If all these sound too difficult or complicated, do not worry since you can find a professional who can do the job for you – hassle free! Look for someone who can provide you quality and competent kitchen remodeling services. Ask around for referrals from friends and relatives, and most of all, search online for testimonials.
The local Woodbridge plumbers from Rupcoe Plumbing and Heating can help you begin your kitchen makeover! You get quality service at reasonable rates. Visit their website today at www.RupcoePlumbingWoodbridgeNJ.com
Easy Budget Saving Tips for Your Kitchen Remodeling Project