Photographers who choose to showcase their works in an online portfolio website will be able to experience plenty of advantages that will benefit their career as a professional photographer. Not only will they get to display their best works for potential customers, an online photo portfolio will also enable photographers to save and keep track of photos and images that were uploaded to their portfolio website.
Here are some things to be considered when creating a website for photographers or photography work:
1. Choose a website theme that is most suitable for building online photo portfolios or online photo galleries. A website designed for photographers must not look like an average blog site. It must have aspects and features that will resemble a photo gallery. Check out some of the top websites that offer website themes for free. There’s definitely a website photo gallery theme that you can use to create or build a website for photographers.
2. A website for photographers must be image driven. The most distinguishable features of a website for photographers must be a gallery option or slideshow options. This will enable website owners or developers to showcase and highlight selected or best works within the landing page. Not only will this add impact to the website that will make website visitors learn more about the works featured, it also enables the photographer to choose which photos to feature. Choose a website theme that includes a powerful featured slider or you may avail of plugins that are specifically designed to embed photo sliders within your website homepage.
3. Choose the featured photos well. When you are building a website for photographers, you are also endorsing the products and services that the photographer has in his or her portfolio. Showcase the photographer’s best works on a featured photo slider so that website visitors will be able to immediately gauge the caliber of the photographer.
4. Decide on a niche. Photography also has various niches. The website design and its features may also depend on the niche that the photographer specializes in. For instance, photo journalists may opt for an online magazine look, while photographers who specialize in taking photos of objects, places, and people may want a cutting edge look.
5. Ensure that the website gets an ample number of unique visitors by using the built-in search engine optimization tools that are found in most website themes. You may also use other search engine optimization strategies to increase traffic and generate results.
6. Share your photos to the world. Aside from publishing the website, you may also share photos, images, and other posts to a larger scope of audience by embedding social media buttons in widget ready sections of the website. Choose which social media networks to include and allow your viewers to get instant updates, news, and announcements from your website directly to their social media network’s real-time feed.
Creating a website for photographers entails that the designer pay close attention to details in order to present the photos and images in an interesting way.
Pixpa is a customizable photography website for photographer, Artists & Designers. With Pixpa, your online portfolio comes with preset designs, ecommerce, protected galleries, html mirror Site, social media integration and more.
Things to be Considered While Creating Websites