Data compression is the best technique to effectively store your data on any storage media in less storage space and transfer data over network. You can compress data easily using compression tools, like WinZip. The application compresses your data in Zip file. To access data from a compressed file, you need to simply extract it. However, in some cases, the Zip file cannot be extracted and opened. In such situations, you cannot access data from the file and face critical data loss situations. In order to get your data recovered in such cases, Zip repair is required.
For instance, you may run across any of the below behaviors if you download a Zip file using Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser:
- The download process appears to be completed successfully, however the compression tool, i.e. WinZip shows a blank and empty window.
If you try to search the file on hard drive, it cannot be located. The Zip file is not there on the disk.
- If your computer is running MS Windows XP operating system and you use Compressed (zipped) Folders option as file compression tool, you come across the below error message:
“The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted.”
When it occurs, the file cannot be extracted and you can not access its contents. To sort out this behavior, you need to identify the cause of this problem and repair Zip file by resolving it.
Root of the issue:
The problem may occur in following scenarios:
- You click Open this file from its current location or Open in File Download dialog box.
- You have not selected the Confirm open after download check box in Windows XP.
- As stated in the above error message, the file is corrupt or invalid. WinZip cannot read the file.
Try using the below methods to fix this issue:
- Save the file to hard drive and then open it.
- Select Confirm open after download option before downloading the file.
- Repair and restore the corrupt Zip file using Zip repair software.
The applications repair damaged Zip file or archive in all corruption scenarios. The efficiently repair Zip file archive using advance scanning techniques. With interactive user interface and non-destructive conduct, they are totally easy and safe to use.
Rectifying The Compressed Folder is invalid