Backup is the most excellent method to prevent data loss and safeguard your valuable data. And Creating Image of the hard drive is the best option to backup data. Image is an exact replica of source media, which can be stored on any internal or external storage device. In Mac OS X operating system, you can create image of your hard drive using Disk Utility, without investing on any expensive third-party utility. You can easily perform Mac Data Recovery using the hard drive image, in case of hard drive failure or data loss.
Disk Utility is originally a disk repair tool, which is used to check the integrity and consistency of your Mac OS X hard drive. You can access it from: User-> Applications-> Utilities-> Disk Utility. It is quite effective and easy to use. You can create image of Mac OS X hard drive using Disk Utility through the underwritten steps:
• Start your Mac OS X machine using Boot DVD. To do so, insert boot DVD in the DVD drive and hold the C key when your system boots.
• On the next screen, select your language. This is a step to get into the Disk Utility. When you see the menu bar, choose Disk Utility from Utilities menu.
• When the Disk Utility program opens, select the source drive. It is the media that you want to create image of. After selecting the source drive, specify a destination drive to store disk image on it.
• Click Restore button. Let the process complete and you get an absolute copy of your Mac OS X hard drive.
• After completion of the process, reboot your system and you are ready to go.
The image file works as a separate hard drive volume, which can be accessed independently. When you face system failure or system crash like situations, which causes data loss, it is possible to restore data from image and perform Data Recovery Mac.
However, if you do not create image of your hard drive, or image itself gets damaged, you can not restore data from it. In such cases, Mac File Recovery Software come to your rescue, if any data loss occurs.
The applications are particularly designed to methodically scan entire hard drive and extract all inaccessible data from it. Mac Recovery applications come equipped with interactive user interface to offer easy recovery.
Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery software recovers lost, missing, inaccessible, and deleted data from Mac hard drive and other supported storage media. The software works well with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard, 10.4 Tiger, and 10.3.9 Panther. It salvages data from HFS, HFS+, HFSX, HFS Wrapper, and FAT file system volumes.
How to Image a Mac Hard Drive and Mac Recovery