You have recently launched a new website for your newly started company with the sole aim of increasing your leads with an effective online presence. Search Engine Optimisation is one of the most effective strategies that you can use to have an integrated online presence that will increase traffic and sales. The main aim of SEO is to get your website listed on search engine results whenever a user puts in certain keywords or phrases related to your business. Below are some of the SEO tips that will enhance the visibility online of your new website:
1) Set up Google and Bing Webmaster Tools Program: The purpose behind setting up an account and enrolling into the Webmaster Tools Program is to let the search engines know about your website, frequent content updates on it and to keep a check for any crawl errors. The website would serve no purpose if it cannot be indexed by the search engines. The crawl error report would enable you to check if search engine spiders are able to or unable to crawl your web pages.
2) Selection of Keywords: Keyword Research lies at the core of any SEO strategy. Search for the best terms that describe your products/service using keyword research tools such as Google Analytic. In addition to the keyword research tools, conduct some research into and analyse industry trends and consumer behaviour and then select keywords considering its search volume, competition and search intent.
3) Check On-Page Factors: Website URL should be descriptive, appropriate and related to your website. Check for proper Page Titles, Headers, Meta tags, Anchor tags, Google Sitemap, and Images. Your URL, Page Title, Meta Tag should be small, catchy, descriptive and related to each other with focus on the similar keywords. Web pages related to each other should be interlinked as inter-links are good sources to drive a flow of targeted visitors.
4) Create Unique and Engaging Content: Content, Content and Good Content are one of the major factors on which SEO depends. You should write persuasive, interesting and informative content for your readers whilst taking care that the content should be optimized by the search engines too. The more the content, the higher the website visibility and ranking on the search engines. The content should be key-word rich but not overloaded with keywords. You can write different types of contents for Search Engine Submission, Directory Submission, Social Bookmarking Submission, Articles, Blogs and Press Releases. All the content submitted on different sites should link back to your website as quality back-links are crucial to search engine ranking.
5) Establish your brand on Social Media: Social Media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google Plus are the best platforms for start-ups to attract visitors, create awareness about your service/product and pursue them to visit your website. Maintaining your social media profiles with constant interesting content updates, participating in discussions and engaging with the audience will help you earn a loyal fan base.
Effective SEO tips for start-up businesses