3D animation a creative field
Now-a-days 3D is becoming popular and it has become a predictable part of life. 3D animation produces special effects in movies, video games, mobile games, cartoons, television programs, and advertisements. Now we have seen much development made in the animation industry like the 3D effects being used mostly for animated films, movies, advertisements, games, interactive sessions, mobile technology, and much more. With the development of computer games, the computer graphics technology has advanced. 3D computer graphics has started appearing in games.
In 1976 the oldest commercial 3D computer graphics/, where the first 3D wireframe was used. The animation was produced in the movie Future world. In 1995, the first 3D animated English movie “Toy story’, hit the cinemas. The world has seen blockbusters like Shrek 2 (2004), Avatar (2009), and Toy Story 3 (2010) has presented the best quality 3D.
The 3D animator generates a graphical illustration of the character skeleton and the model is described with the help of animation variables or mostly known as 'Avars'. These are mainly done for character modeling of animals or humans to provide specific facial or anatomical features or expressions. One of the most recent additions to 3D Animation is 'Motion Capture',
In animation films ‘Pixar and Disney’ are the industry leaders that have produced amazing masterpieces. In modern era young generation lead to one innovation after another and the possibility of making amateur animations and cartoons began to attract more and more.
The duration of these animation courses can also vary. Therefore one should be cautious while selecting the animation institute. As there are numerous institutes in Delhi which are offering courses in animation and charging a very high fees, but when comes to Post Production Institute the excellence and success are automatically guaranteed because at PPI not only we provide theoretically education but also we provide a general and comprehensive training to students who wish to turn out to be true professional animators.
Software used in Animation
For making animated films “Maya” software is commonly used. Maya is a complex but extremely powerful tool. Maya animation software is also one of the most expensive.
3DS Max is simpler animation software by comparison. It is mainly used for the gaming industry although not limited to. Animation software used by many for gaming is Softimage.
Topics included in animation course:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe After Effects
- Eyeon Fusion
- Premiere Pro
- Autodesk 3Ds Max
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe Audition
- Adobe Media Encoder
- Adobe Bridge
- Art and Sketching classes
Website designing, graphics designing and three-dimensional product modeling is some other fields where animators can get opportunity. The gaming industry is looking forward for excellent animators. Some animation institutions give chance to students for teaching assistance, so they can make profession in to teaching profession also. Animators could get job opportunity in print media and publishing firms. Even you can work as free lancer as animators, particularly those specializing in web animation.
India has over 400 animation studios employing over 13,000 animation professionals. Besides this, Indian companies are producing various animated films and cartoons for US and European studios. Therefore the chances for good creative animators never end.
Jobs offered by industry are:
- Content developer
- Modeler - Modeler is the person who makes the models for animation. They should have a good understanding of composition, form and volume. .
- Character animators- Characters animator brings to life and generally has understanding of traditional animation and stop-motion animation.
- Background artist- Background artist paints the background of the characters and sets the background for the mission.
- Special effects artist – Special effects artist is a person who combines live-action footage with Computer Generated Imagery (CGI) or other aspects (such as model work)
- Audio & video experts
- Texture artist – Texture artist is a person who applies a surface to the 3D character, model, object or environment.
- Clean-up artist- The clean up artist confirms the accuracy and consistency of the designs and drawings.
- Lighting artist – Lightning artist gives variations of shade, color intensity and shadows.
- Digital ink and paint artist- Digital ink and paint artist is a person who brings colors to each frame.
- Key frame animator- They sketches the pictures of a movement's beginning and end.
For more information