Packing is the toughest part of relocation. Arranging and packing things so that they reach safely at the destination is worrisome; though if the packing is done in a planned way, it will ease the people who are relocating. In this article we present you 5 basic packaging tips suggested by commercial movers Rochester,
1. Plan and arrange: A proper planning and over planning is required. The best to start off is by writing down things as you remember them. When you start listing the items you tend to remember approximately 85% to 90% items that need packaging. And as the time passes you tend to remember things that you had missed out. Do not forget to add it at that very instant or else you would forget it again.
2. Take care for breakable items: Your breakable items such as cutlery items, Glass wares, chinaware, or show pieces must be packed with attention. Double pack them. First cover them with bubble packing and then add them in cartons. For extra care Rochester movers pack such small cartons in a big carton and place them carefully so that they don’t rub against each other. Add cloth linen around the big carton which acts as covering for smaller cartons placed in it. To be on safer hand add cloth linen in between the small boxes.
3. Considerations for books: Rochester commercial moversays that a special care must be taken while packing them because these items are not the first boxes to be opened. To protect them from insects and pests add necessary medicine for it. Keep them away from water contact or a place that is susceptible to water. If books will get wet then a permanent damage could happen.
4. Label them: Name, name and please name all your packed boxes. It will not only help in opening the boxes but while shifting as well. It will help in keeping the fragile items with care which prevent from getting break.
5. List your “OPEN ME FIRST” Boxes: Prioritizing is extremely important. That is something that you will do as per your requirement but then to get saved from last moment confusion Label the boxes with “OPEN ME FIRST”. It will indicate that without any thought process simply go ahead and open them for unpacking.
Interior Moving Services is the Rochester area’s largest locally owned, independent full service moving and Storage Company. Our Highly maintained fleet of twelve trucks offers the flexibility needed during the busiest seasons for relocation, as well as projecting the high quality appearance to which our customers are accustomed.
Know the top 5 packing tips for relocating