CopyPastehas never been so tasty!

8 Really Awesome Facts about Chicago Dental Implants, PART 2

by newteethchicago

  • 0
  • 0
  • 0

Welcome back to our three-part article series on Chicago dental implants and some of the fascinating facts to be found on this technology. In our previous post, we revealed the fact that dental implants are made from titanium metal, which is the same material used to create space shuttles, professional tennis racquets and fighter jets! We also explained the fantastic ability of titanium to biologically bond or fuse with bone tissue. This phenomenon is termed “osseointegration” and is the key behind the success of dental implants as a fixed (non-removable) tooth replacement solution.


We’re off to a fantastic start, so let’s take a look at some more of those awesome facts…


Awesome Fact # 4 ~ Only Four Dental Implants Can Replace an Entire Set of Teeth


The “All on 4” is a dental implant protocol recommended for the treatment of patients who have either lost most or all of their original adult teeth, or have a failing dentition. Instead of using an implant to replace every single tooth in the mouth, which – at 28 teeth to replace - would work out to be incredibly expensive and painful, this protocol can provide patients with a brand new set of fixed and non-removable teeth using only four dental implants per jaw!


“All on 4” implants work by providing fixed support for a customized prosthetic dental bridge, which is expertly fabricated to closely resemble an entire set of teeth mounted in healthy pink gums (see picture above). Once attached to the four implants, this bridge is virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth and can be used to eat all the foods a patient previously enjoyed.


So, because of the ingenious design behind this innovative dental implant protocol, Chicago implant dentists can provide edentulous (toothless) and near-edentulous patients with new teeth using only four dental implants. This saves patients a lot of time, pain, surgeries and money!


Awesome Fact # 5 ~ Dental Implant Surgery Has a Success Rate of 98%


The numbers are out! According to Chicago dental implant specialists, single dental implant procedures boast a fantastic success rate of 98%! This means that 98% of the patients who have one or more single teeth replaced walk away with new teeth that look, function and feel like natural teeth. The other 2% experience implant failure, but this usually comes down to poor post-operative care and pre-existing factors, such as tobacco-use or illness.


The surgical procedures designed to replace entire dental arches – such as “All on 4” implants - have an equally-impressive success rate of 95% over a period of 10 years. What this means is that after 10 years, 95% of the patients who had their teeth replaced with “All on 4” dental implants, still have the same set of replacement teeth in fantastic condition. This speaks volumes about the longevity and utility of dental implants and the restorations they support.


Stay Tuned for Part 3


Stay tuned for the final installment of this three-part article series to read more about what all on 4 implants at Chicago specialists have to say about implants and their incredible capabilities!

Add A Comment: