We all know the importance of the toilet in our daily lives. Because of this, it is vital to take good care of your toilet to avoid any problems and repairs. According to most plumbers, a lot of homewoners call in to unclog a toilet because of various items causing the obstruction like sanitary pads or diapers. Aside from the inconvenience this could bring, it may also become worse if not taken care of, which also means, more expenses.
Here are some toilet care tips you can follow:
- Try not to drop any cleaning products in your toilet tank. This may cause problems to the flush flapper, which may eventually start a leak.
- Never sit or stand on top of your toilet tank. Other than that, avoid putting pressure against it. Doing so may damage the top lid.
- A toilet bowl may overflow and may fill past its normal level. These are caused by obstructions in the drain that stops the waste from leaving the bowl. You can avoid these by preventing the disposal of tampons, sanitary napkins, diapers, etc.
- You can stop an overflowing toilet by lifting up the float ball before it fills up.
- A running toilet wastes not only water but also money. To detect if you have one, add a few drops of food coloring on your toilet. Do not flush and leave for a few hours. If when you come back, the coloring has disappeared, then your toilet has a leak.
- A simple solution to a running toilet is to jiggle the handle of the flush. This frees up the flapper to cease the movement of the water to the bowl from the tank.
- Avoid cleaning the surface of the toilet with rough bristles. This may cause scratches or chips.
- Clean the inner part of your toilet once a week.
- Spray it with disinfectant or a bleach solution. Sanitize the lid, bowl, seat, handle and tank.
- While cleansing, it is advisable to check and inspect for other signs of leakage in the floor, tank and bowl.
It is strongly advised to schedule a routine check up with a trusted plumber. Look for an expert Plumber in North Brunswick NJ who will provide you quality services at reasonable rates. It is vital to call a professional to be able to help you detect any problems or leaks before they get worse. This will save you both time and money.
Helpful Toilet Maintenance Advice