CopyPastehas never been so tasty!

How to Get A License for Mobile Kitchen Carts

by fivediamond

  • 0
  • 0

Just like any food business, you will need to obtain a license or permit for your mobile kitchen carts. Since you are preparing and selling food for public consumption, all California concession trailers must obtain the necessary permits and pass inspection to be allowed to legally operate.


And just like getting a license or permit for everything else, the process is quite tedious so you have to be very patient. Anyhow, it’s all worth it at the end especially when meticulous customers start to ask if you’re actually a licensed food vendor.


Steps to Getting a Mobile Food Vending License


To get a license for concession truck trailers, here’s a couple of things you need to do first:


  • Learn and understand what the requirements (local, state and federal) are. This will help you operate your mobile kitchen cart business better.
  • Comply with all government requirements.
  • Know what the operational requirements are for mobile kitchen carts and understand them deeply.
  • If you have an in-depth understanding of how you can run this business legally, it’s time to sign the mobile food vendor application and get your permit.


To obtain a permit, you must submit the application form along with the required documents. What are the documents that you need to prepare?


  • You must submit the complete information of the concession truck trailers. This includes the vehicle registration number, model and make, photographs and dimensions of the vehicle.
  • You must have an operator driver’s license issued by the government.
  • You must submit the complete menu and the description for each food you will serve.
  • You must submit the complete layout, floor plan and list of equipment inside the California concession trailers.
  • You must indicate the hours of operation.
  • You must submit a copy of your health permit as well as the wastewater discharge agreement proof.
  • You must provide the commissary address.
  • You must submit a list of equipment and permit to be approved by the Fire Department.
  • If operating in a specific location, you must provide an authorization letter from the property owner, copy of the lease from the landlord, copy of tracking form, site plan and the codes department building application number.
  • You must have a copy of your tax ID and business license.
  • You must submit a recycling and solid waste plan for cleaning after your mobile kitchen carts.


All of that surely sounds tiresome but you need it to run your concession truck trailers the legal way. Well, you better get on it now!


Five Diamond Trailers is a leading manufacturer of customized concession trailers. Visit and look at the complete catalogue.