1. The country is just 1/3 the size of the USA, but it is the second most populous country in the world. It happens to be the largest democracy in the world.
2. India is a land where all religions are equally revered. Hinduism, however, is the religion that about 80% of country population belongs to. The Maha Kumbh Mela is most famous religious festival in the country. It takes place every 12 years and sees the biggest gathering of devotees in any other festival around the globe.
3. Indian people use splash water in toilet instead of paper. They use left hand, which hence is never used for eating.
4. Rupee is the only currency used in India. And you known taking Indian rupee out of India is illegal.
5. India can be said as one of the richest and poorest countries in the world. It is home to over a million millionaires, but at the same time, about 35% of its population lives below poverty line.
6. Traditionally, Indian wives never call their husband by names. It is termed as a sign of disrespect.
7. India is the birthplace of Chess. Originally, it was known as ‘Chaturanga’ which literally means ‘four members of army’.
8. The temples of Khajuraho are globally famed for their erotic sculptures. Various sex positions have been shown in the painting. It has been shown that sex was the step of attaining ultimate rejuvenation. This is really strange in a culturally sensitive country.
9. The Himalaya in India is home to various natural wonders. It has highest motorable road, wondrous valley of Ladakh and several places of grand religious importance.
10. India leads the world in producing died beans. Also, it is the world’s leading exporter of Banana fruit. Though the national fruit of India is Mango.
11. India, with over 150,000 post offices, has the largest postal network in the world.
12. Bollywood in India is the world’s largest entertainment industry. And interesting, most of the movies produced here are musical.
13. It is the only country in this world, where more then 1600 dialects are spoken. Hindi and English are the official languages, however.
14. Though the River Ganga is one of dirties rivers in the world, taking bath in the river is said to wash away all the sins one has committed in past.
15. In literature world, India holds prominent position. Amritya Sen has won the Noble in literature. Furthermore, the Indian authors like Salman Rushdi, Vikram Seth and Arundhati Roy have made a mark on the world through their scripts.
16. The Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, is an edifice built for a Mughal king for beloved wife. As per myths, the kind ordered to cut off the hands of architectures to prevent replicating the beauty of monument ever.
17. The Indus Valley Civilization, one of the world’s ancient and great human civilization, was originated in India.
18. India is the only country in the world that bears six climatic seasons: summer, autumn, winter, spring, summer monsoon, and winter monsoon.
Hungry Bags is a leading travel agency that offers tour packages for leisure holiday and religious tours like chardham Yatra Package and Amarnath Yatra Packages online. All deals are offered by the company for easy and instant booking.
18 Most Interesting Facts about India