The report of the American heart association says that one in every four individual is suffering from hypertension. Another surprising fact associated with is that only one third of them all actually knows about it.
Hypertension can be due to primary reasons or sometimes associated with some other diseases. Whatever is the case, it is important to reduce blood pressure to ensure long and healthy life.
Who is at the risk of high blood pressure
Though, there is no exact cause of developing hypertension, there are several factors which makes you prone towards it.
- Age: as you grow older, there is the likelihood of developing blood pressure
- Weight- as you proceed towards obesity, you develop risk of hypertension for yourself.
- Race: Caucasians are at lower risk as compared to African Americans
- Heredity: if your father and mother have this problem, you are more prone to get diseased.
- Cigarette smoking- if you smoke, quit it now otherwise it will take you towards BP issues later in life.
- Alcohol use- those who drink face BP issues more than the non-drinkers
- Sodium consumption: if you are sodium sensitive, you can raise your normal BP readings
- Sedentary lifestyle- being a couch potato will lead you towards this disease.
- Pregnancy- pregnancy tends to elevate blood pressure
What to look for-
Hypertension is generally defamed as silent killer as it does not show symptoms. Most of the time its symptoms are shared with other disease and symptoms. Therefore, it is necessary to go for a BP check up regularly so that if it elevates even a little you can take action to reduce blood pressure.
These are some of the symptoms which can be due to hypertension-
- Frequent or severe headaches
- Fatigue without reason
- Ear ringing
- Flushing of the face
- Chest thumping
- Nose bleeding frequently
Doctors generally control the stage I and stage II hypertension through daily drugs. However, if you switch to some herbal remedies there will be a gradual but positive effect on your BP readings.
Here some high blood pressure natural remedies have been discussed. Read them and follow them however possible for you-
- Mint leaves have a sure effect on hypertension. It is said that dried mint leaves twice a day can bring can reduce blood pressure.
- Garlic in your food causes reduction in arterial spasms leading towards lowering of high numbers.
- Lemon strengthens capillaries and thus control wearing and tearing of arteries. This helps in keeping hypertension under control.
- Dried and roasted seeds of watermelon dilate the blood vessels helping to reduce blood pressure.
- Potassium, sodium and vitamin B rich fruits like banana, grapes, oranges etc. improves your circulatory system.
These are just a few of the thousands of the high blood pressure natural remedies. Consult your doctor before taking any as every individual body reacts in a different way towards every element.