Corruption of Excel workbooks is not a new phenomenon. Irrespective of the version of Excel, a workbook is quite prone to getting damaged in many instances including improper shutdown of application, power fluctuations or abrupt system shutdown. Despite incorporating advanced features, Excel 2007 can annoy users with corruption problems. What to be done? If you have an Excel 2007 workbook and you are encountering problems while opening it, then it is quite evident that it is corrupt. In such scenarios, you can obviously turn up to a backup copy provided if it is updated and in a clean state. However, if you cannot bank upon a backup copy, do not think you have lost valuable data forever. Many Excel repair tools have been launched lately which promise to repair damaged or corrupt Excel files without modifying the original data.
Think of a situation, wherein, you have an Excel 2007 worksheet containing contact and personal information of your team members. One fine day, when you try and open it, you might not be able to access its contents. In addition to this, you might receive the following error message:
"Excel found unreadable content in Book_Name. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook."
After clicking Yes to the error message, you receive the following error message report:
Removed Records: PivotTable report from /xl/pivotCache/pivotCacheDefinition1.xml part (PivotTable cache
The above Excel error could erupt in the following conditions:
• Presence of a PivotTable in the workbook which uses key performance indicators (KPIs)
• If the KPIs are made in the Analysis Services Business Intelligence Development Studio
• If one or more KPIs have an expression in the Current Time Member property
• Lastly, the error might also surface if the Excel 2007 workbook is corrupt
Try the following workarounds which would assist you in executing Excel file repair:
• The issue can be resolved if you take out expressions from all Current Time Member properties
Being an optional property, it can be done away with to get rid off the error message.
• If the above solution doesn't really work, then you must have to employ effective Excel recovery strategies to fix corruption.
One of the best ways to deal with Excel workbook corruption is using a third-party software such as Stellar Phoenix Excel Recovery. This application has proven track record of repairing corrupt or damaged Excel workbooks. You can use this Excel file repair application for workbooks created in Excel 2007, 2003, 2002 and 2000 versions.
How to address workbook corruption in Excel 2007