CopyPastehas never been so tasty!

On the Hazards of Incorrect Wastewater Disposal

by darryliorio

  • 0
  • 0
  • 0

Wastewater is the result of grimy fluids being poured down the drain. Perhaps you've heard a fellow Vancouver resident say, "Why not just throw this wastewater outside? It's bound to evaporate anyhow." Well, in truth, there are 3 considerable reasons why this can not be done.

First off, waste water smells, and if you toss it outside, your environment will get rancid real quick. secondly, wastewater is a health risk, owing to the fact that it contains dangerous micro-organisms that can spark illness. Thirdly, it consists of suspended solids and chemicals like nitrogen and phosphates that affect the environment. No one would rather live in a spot where these conditions exist, that's why wastewater has to be disposed of properly.

Environment Canada states that "wastewater effluents are the largest source of pollution by volume to surface water in Canada," which is why Metro Vancouver, the managing body of the city's wastewater collection and treatment, continues to look for means to improve its wastewater treatment process. But Metro Vancouver doesn't just prefer to lessen the volume of wastewater, but also possibly wring out more value from it.

In one of the routine discussions of their Waste Management Committee, Metro Vancouver determined to go on with its plan to execute waste management measures that will certainly help them extract biogas from wastewater while simultaneously reducing its volume. The plan was allowed to proceed based on requirements laid out in the municipal committee plan that have been met. This move has become one huge advancement in the city's campaign to a highly reliable wastewater therapy facility.

Every day, the Greater Vancouver location produces approximately one billion liters of wastewater. The accumulated wastewater from Richmond plumbing pipes will circulate to one of 5 wastewater treatment plants before they are released to the Burrard Inlet, Fraser River or the Strait of Georgia. It will then experience two different types of treatments: the very first one will get rid of 30 % to 40 % biological oxygen demand (BOD) and 50 % total suspended solids (TSS), while the second will take out 90 % of the lingering BOD and TSS.

You can aid the city's efforts by doing your part. Ensure your abode's plumbing is in tiptop form by getting a plumber Richmond residents are known to trust to examine it. If the plumbing technician finds any type of problems, have him take care of it immediately before it turns into a major disaster.

It is always a great idea to attempt to spot a potential complication and prevent it from happening or worsening. That's why Richmond plumbers encourage property owners to have their drainage system inspected a minimum of once every year. You can learn for yourself exactly how sewer systems work by visiting

Add A Comment: