When it comes to asking questions at a wedding venue, you can never ask too many. Every bride has different expectations and requirements, so it’s understandable that there are going to be queries for the management. If you are in the process of deciding which venue to book for your Melbourne wedding, read on for tips to help you make your selection.
If you are still looking around at potential venues for your wedding and reception, you are going to need to ask the management a series of questions. This ensures you find out which venue suits you best. You can never ask too many questions. Venue managers are more than happy to deal with important queries about the services on offer. Failing to ask the right question while in the process of planning your big day could mean you miss an important aspect. Read on to discover essential tips for selecting the perfect wedding venue.
Questions to Ask About the Reception Rooms:
Some Melbourne wedding venues have multiple rooms available for hire. How many you book will largely depend on the size of the celebration. Make sure you clarify exactly which rooms will be allocated to you on the day. Some essential questions to ask are as follows:
- Which rooms are going to be allocated for my reception meal, ceremony and entertainment?
- Do you have a marquee for partying outside?
- Will there be a private space available for the bride and groom?
- What time can we access the premises for decorating the space available?
- Is there a changing room available for the bride and bridesmaids?
- Can I arrange to have a quiet area, away from the entertainment space for guests who need a moment’s peace?
- How many rooms are available on my chosen date for guests wishing to stay overnight?
- Is there somewhere safe to store the wedding presents while the dancing is going on?
- I want to arrange an all inclusive wedding and reception package. Do you have special rates for doing this?
- Do you provide wedding planning services?
- What is the total cost for my wedding and reception?
Wedding Venue Questions:
- What is the availability for our chosen date and time?
- How easy to find is the venue?
- Are there any other couples getting married on the same day?
- What are the minimum and maximum numbers of guests allowed?
- Can I see some example menus?
- When can we organise a tasting to try out the catering?
- Will you be able to supply all the beverages?
- Can we set up our own bar?
- If we supply wines, is there a corkage fee?
- If we book an all inclusive ceremony and reception package, are the planning services included?
For an inclusive ceremony and reception package with all the finer details taken care of, pay a visit to Ascot House in Melbourne. This Victorian mansion has hosted wedding receptions in Melbourne for over a century. When you have an expert team to handle all the planning, you have the chance to relax and enjoy the experience.
Tips for Selecting Your Wedding Venue