Howdy aspiring bournemouth photographer in Bournemouth and the surrounding locations. In last month's post I presented several of the very best spots in Bournemouth for the Areas repertoire. This month I'll be zooming in even closer and focusing on 5 certain backdrops in Bournemouth that you can use within your wedding photography.
Ahead of I provide you with the lowdown around the most effective textures in Bournemouth, let's take a moment to think about what makes an effective background for wedding photography. In general terms, a great background is 1 that is certainly not so bland as too detract from the topic, nor is it so busy that it distracts from it. In the event the background includes a romantic connotation or it gives a nod towards the personalities of your bride and groom or the locality, this can additional improve your wedding photography.
With this in thoughts, let's examine a few of the greatest backgrounds for bournemouth wedding photographer in Bournemouth.
1. Geometry and Colour: Coloured beach-huts between Bournemouth & Boscombe piers. These form a rainbow which adds colour and warmth. Their geometry offers rhythm and great lead-in lines. Stand around the sand and ask the wedding couple to walk along the promenade, shooting back towards them at an angle.
2. Flora: Wedding photographers in Bournemouth are spoilt for choice as there are plenty of parks and gardens. Take care that the backgrounds are gently out of focus so as not to distract the eye and there are no branches appearing to poke out of your wedding couple's heads. A nice touch is to select an area where flowers in the background match the colours in the bridal bouquet. The Upper Gardens in Bournemouth have a particularly fine array of rare plant species and is often a little less busy.
3. Sea & Sky: We are blessed in this area to have sweeping blue sea and sky which make an evocative backdrop. If a reportage style makes shooting with filters prohibitive, shoot in RAW, underexposing by 1.5stops. This will likely ensure colour can be brought out in the sky and highlights can be brightened in post-production. If wedding couples want the wedding car included in the shots, Bournemouth Council sometimes allow vehicles onto the promenade. Contact them in advance to check when the gates will likely be open.
4. Urban: Wedding photographers in Bournemouth can make use of the many styles of architecture in the town. For wedding couples looking for a funkier, grittier edge, try the graffiti wall outside '60 million postcards.' For 1930s glamour choose 'Bliss' on St Peter's Road.
5. 'Saying Bournemouth': If you really want to contextualise your bournemouth wedding photographers, nothing signifies the town better than the pier. This offers great lead-in lines and a lovely seascape to boot. Also look at using the land train for group shots & the 'Bournemouth Eye' balloon.
Wedding Photographers in Bournemouth - Major five Backdrops