Today, KUROILER is an acknowledged tool for inclusive growth, not only across India but even overseas. We are privileged to have received National and International accolades through various awards, invitations for talks and other felicitations.
Our Key Awards are:
- Keggfarms was invited to address the G77 nations at UN Headquarters in New York as a successful example of poverty alleviation through animal husbandry and animal welfare practices.
- Winner of the first MARICO-BUSINESS WORLD - 'INNOVATION FOR INDIA AWARD' for social contribution by a business organization.
- South Asia Pro Poor Livestock Policy Program (FAO & NDDB) has identified Keggfarms rural poultry program as a sustainable intervention and has termed KUROILER as the 'Bird of Hope' for poor rural households.
- CII recognition for Keggfarms’ social contribution and innovation through presentation of this unique work at various Summits.
- Keggfarms is being studied as an example of a successful case study across prestigious institutions like Harvard Business School among many others.
KUROILER can be used extensively in India, other Asian countries and Africa for production of eggs and chicken meat by village households in the traditional no cost manner. KUROLERS are able to far more efficiently convert agricultural and natural household waste to eggs and chicken meat than the local birds.
Going forward, Keggfarms is looking at extending the model across international borders. We would provide the basic product material but the total solutions will have to be modified in each country depending upon their native systems and practices to reach their local populations.
A trial conducted under supervision of Arizona State University and Uganda with replicated multi location trials in Uganda, proved conclusively that Kuroiler had the potential of yielding almost 3.5 times higher income than the local birds. Keggfarms is now exporting Kuroiler Hatching eggs to Ugandan Government and will supply Kuroiler Parent Stock, so that they can produce Hatching eggs locally. Likewise in Burundi. Ethiopia has also reported huge success and total acceptance of the Kuroiler by village households.
Mr Vipin Malhotra is the Chief Executive Officer at Keggfarms Pvt. Ltd. which is one of the oldest poultry breeding organizations of India established in 1967. It is best known for pioneering genetic breeding of poultry stocks in India and is dedicated towards the development of rural specific poultry stock branded 'Kuroiler'.