Trusting your cat to someone in your absence is not something to take lightly. If you want the best care for your cat you must hire someone who is trustworthy and competent. Unlike dogs, cats are a bit more difficult for strangers to approach and they need to get used to new people and new environments. If you have decided to leave your cat with a cat sitter, it is imperative that your cat feel comfortable in your absence. You want your pet to feel safe and secure while you are away and finding a good pet sitter is the best way to make this possible. Here are some key points to keep in mind before choosing your cat sitter:
- Cat sitting is a serious job and one which must be performed competently. Make sure the person who you trust your pet’s health with is serious and passionate about cats.
- Determine your budget and how many hours you want the person to take care of your cat. Some cats need just an occasional visit while others need more attention sent their way.
- If you are unable to find a good cat sitter, always remember to ask your vet. They are sure to have some valuable options for you to consider.
- Make sure the cat sitter will provide a friendly and loving environment for your cat while you are gone as this will benefit both you and your pet.
- Ensure that the cat sitter will not only feed your pet but provide them with necessary medication as well.
These are some common points which cat owners should consider prior to hiring a cat sitter to look after their friendly feline.
Tips To Consider Before You Hire A Cat Sitter