Data loss is a terrible situation, which may occur to any system, irrespective of the operating system and hardware platform. Sometimes, you may find that your Linux computer does not boot properly or you can not find stored data on your Linux hard drive. This behavior leads to data loss. Data loss occurs due to numerous reasons, related to system errors and user errors.
In such situations, a complete backup of your significant data proves to be of great help. However, if the backup is either not available or not updated, you have to opt for Linux Data Recovery solutions to get your precious data recovered.
Your precious data from Linux hard drive may get lost because of a number of reasons, which include:
• Accidental deletion of important data files or unintentional hard drive formatting.
• Virus has infected your system and damaged its significant data structures.
• File system is corrupted due to virus attack or improper system shutdown.
• Operating system has malfunctioned.
The list of data loss reasons can be very long. When you face data loss due to any reason, the very first thing that you need to take into consideration, is to find out an appropriate solution. Below are some common Linux Recover solutions, which can be used even by a layman to retrieve lost data:
• Restore data from backup- A backup is a copy of your original data on Linux hard drive, which can be used to restore data in case of data loss.
• Use Ext3grep utility- Is an inbuilt utility of Linux operating system that helps you recover deleted files from Ext3 file system volume.
• Use Extundelete tool- It helps you retrieve lost files from Ext4 and Ext3 file system volumes of Linux hard drive.
• Use third-party Ext4 Recovery software- These are advanced and powerful applications, which methodically scan entire hard drive and extract as much data as possible from it.
These applications perform absolute and effective Data Recovery For Linux in all cases of data loss. They come equipped with interactive and simple graphical user interface to ensure easy recovery in all data loss situations. With read-only and non-destructive conduct, the software are totally safe to use.
Stellar Phoenix Linux Data Recovery software recovers lost, deleted, missing, and inaccessible data from all types of storage devices. It can be used with all major distributions of Linux operating systems, including SUSE, Debian, Red Hat, Fedora, and more. The software supports recovery from Ext4, Ext3, Ext2, FAT32, FAT16, and FAT12 file system volumes.
A Layman’s Guide to Recover Lost Data in Linux