Windows in any type of house are an extension of walls and hence make for a large decorating area. Window treatment is important as it can change the complete look of any room and consequently the home. When you have a small space, you can give different kind of treatments to windows to make your space look spacious and cozier. Decorative window treatments also give a totally different look to any place.
Read on to know about some great window treatment ideas for small spaces.
- If you want to make the room look larger and spacious, always keep the window treatments simple. There is no need to give multiple layered treatments to windows, instead keep it same for all the windows in the room.
- The color of the window treatments should be matched with the color of the walls to make the small room appear larger. This amalgamation allows your treatments to merge with the walls instead of causing a drab contrast.
- Blinds and shades also make a room appear larger than it actually is. Pull them tightly to the top of a window so that they are hardly visible. When the natural light will enter through the windows your room will be brighter. Same is the case with drapes, which should be drawn to make the room appear bright and airy.
- Don’t let the window treatments become the center of attraction in your small room. In order to add a touch of warmth, you can add texture or color to the window treatments with options such as woven blinds or roller shades. Pick up a fabric dominant in your room and fuse the window treatments with it and your room will look very cozy.
- Valances can lend sophisticated look to a small space. They cover only the top one third area of a window and add the requisite style quotient to a room. They are also useful if you want to hide the curtain rods.
- Natural accents work best if you want to add rustic flavor to a small space. Wood or bamboo woven wood shades in varied colors lend warmth and depth to a room.
- If you are unable to have long curtains that touch the floor because they interfere with the furniture, go in for a custom drapery treatment that just touches the surface below. You can add height to the windows by opting for an outside mount.
- Roman shades are a very good option for small windows as they completely fit the length and breadth of a window. On the other hand, they allow the light to enter when pulled up. Take your pick from a wide range of formal and casual designs.
So you can see decorating small spaces is not that difficult after all. Clever window treatments can add the required elegance to any room. You can choose from a variety of options that suit your budget as well as home.