These days kids love to spend a lot of their free time in front of computers, video games or television sets instead of indulging themselves in some physical or mental activity. This in turn makes them suffer from health problems related to a sedentary lifestyle such as obesity, high blood pressure, etc at a very early age. Due to this, many parents are opting to send their kids to clubs where they can learn something worthwhile. Enrolling your kid in a club is probably the best thing you can do to channelize his energy during the vulnerable growing years and help him gain some perspective on what he loves to do.
Most of the clubs focus on children between the age-group of 6 to 18 years and make them participate in recreational, educational, and social programs. The immediate benefits for your kids participating in such programs are:
- They get to participate in healthier kid activities as compared to becoming a couch potato.
- They tend to be more disciplined. They thus refrain from indulging in activities like consuming drugs or alcohol, committing crimes, etc.
- Their social skills improve and they make new friends from whom they get to learn a lot.
- Kids develop a sense of team work in clubs which even helps them later in life.
- They learn how to be independent and make decisions without depending on anyone else.
- The social programs help them develop a sense of social responsibility, which helps them realize that they owe a lot to the society.
- Clubs also benefit kids academically as it improves their chances of getting admissions in colleges due to their well rounded personalities.
The membership procedure for such clubs is pretty simple and involves filling a membership form and getting it signed by a parent or guardian. The membership fee of most of the clubs is very reasonable and usually charged annually. These clubs have different programs for different age groups, the main ones being:
- Character and leadership
- Education and career
- Health and life skills
- Sports fitness, etc.
These programs have sub programs that focus on the specific age of the kid and his maturity level to grasp its fundamentals. They improve a child’s public speaking ability, helps in career exploration, encourage kids to develop smart eating habits, develop oral hygiene, reinforce the knowledge they have gained in schools, and much more. Enrolling your kid in a well reputed club is the best way of introducing him to a world of vast opportunities to learn and grow into an individual with a high self esteem and confidence to excel in life.
The Boys and Girls Clubs Of Central Texas run various kids activities and child care programs for kids of age 6 to 18 years. It aims at imparting positive attitude and grooming young individuals to make sure they have a successful and healthy future. Besides regular kids programs, the club takes part in various events organized from time to time.