Here, we are providing the list of most popular ERP softwares. Any list of most popular ERP softwares has to include the names of the biggest ERP software companies such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Epicor, and Infor.
ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) is an organization’s management system that uses a software application to integrate all part of the business, as well as automate and facilitate the flow of information between critical back-office functions. ERP softwares are designed to enhance both internal collaborations as well as external customer relationships by automating activities and tasks that shorten business process cycles, make the work processes more efficient and raise user productivity.
ERP softwares facilitate easy access to all information of different departments. All departments can access all information independently such as stock data, delivery address, delivery due date, material work in progress status, production status, sales margin, payable, receivables, customer, supplier design document etc. There are many ways through which the integrity breach may also occur such as software problem, wrong information entered by any employee, etc. There are many way to stop the redundancy such as controlling the access of data with the security system, backing up data in another place, using error detection technique, etc.
Here, we are providing the list of most popular ERP softwares. Today, there are lots of ERP softwares have been offered by various companies. Any list of most popular ERP softwares has to include the names of the biggest ERP software companies such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Epicor, and Infor. These five companies make up a greater part of the ERP systems sold and installed. Each of these companies has multiple products such as Oracle’s ERP softwares include Oracle E-Business Suite, JD Edwards Enterprise One, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards World, etc. Any list of ERP softwares will also include a large number of additional vendors such as Consona, IFS, QAD and others.
The list of most popular ERP softwares is a follows;
1. Oracle – Oracle has more than 37,000 customers. It is one of the oldest ERP softwares makers. It has proven trustworthiness of 30 years. Its features include new SOA architecture, deep software functionality, outrageous flexibility, etc. It uses the Oracle stack technology. Its products are priced at the high end.
2. SAP - SAP is one of the oldest and largest ERP softwares producers. It has over 35000 customers’ in120 countries. It is a leader in CRM and ERP market. It has very impressive distribution and solutions for several industries. It uses Net weaver and SQL technologies. It products are priced at the high end.
3. Infor – Infor is 3rd largest worldwide ERP softwares creator with more than 70,000 customers. It has lots of different ERP systems and vertically focused ERP solutions. It has manufacturing capabilities for complex and discrete manufacturing or for process manufacturing. It also has a feature of strong distribution and SCM. The products of Infor are priced from low to moderate.
4. Microsoft – Microsoft is the one of the largest ERP softwares vendor. It has more than 83,000 ERP customers. It is a very strong partner channel. It is a good solution for SMB or mid-market. It has multiple ERP products and sold them only through VAR channel. It uses MS/.Net/SQL technology. Its products are of low to moderately price.
5. Epicor – Epicor has a long history of reputed products. It has more than 20,000 customers in 140 countries and 30 languages. It is in foremost growth mode and has reasonable VAR channel. It has many strong industry solutions and has strength of ERP consultant. It uses MS/SQL/SOA technology. It has low to moderately priced products.
There are many open source ERP softwares also such as Adempiere, Blue ERP, Compiere, Dolibarr, ERP5 Python, Fedena, GNU Enterprise, JFire, etc.
Read about Causes of ERP Failure. Also know ERP Implementation Cost. Read about Customization of ERP Software.