Dehradun is the capital of Uttaranchal is surrounded by the Shivalik Hills on the north, the Yamuna to the west and the Ganga to the east. It has some of the famous schools like - Doon School, Welham School for girls and boys and institutions like Forest Research Institute and the Indian Military Academy
Places of Interest
1. Jwalaji Temple - Jwalaji Temple also known as the ‘Benog Hill’ is located 9km west of Musoorie at an altitude of 2104m above sea level. It has Durga Devi as its main deity goddess. Situated on top of the Benog Hill the temple looks like the crown of the hill. Abound by dense forests the Benog Hill provides mesmerizing views of Yamuna and Doon Valley.
2. Sahastradhara - ‘Sahastradhara’ implies the site of ‘thousand springs’. Located 16kms from Dehradun near Rajpur village this spot is a favorite place of picnic lovers. The Baldi River and caves add to the beauty. The place is a great sight when the springs have abundant water. The water of sulphur spring has medicinal value and is a wonderful natural cure for skin ailments.
3. Santaura Devi Temple - 16km away from Dehradun in Santur Garh is situated Santaura Devi Temple a popular tourist attraction included in Dehradun honeymoon packages. The temple is thronged by people on Saturdays as it is regarded as the day of Goddess Santaura Devi and her brother.
4. Bhadraj Temple - Dedicated to Lord Balbhadra or Lord Krishna this temple is situated 15kms from the town of Dehradun and offers exotic sights of Doon Valley and Chakrata ranges that will leave you spell bound. It is one of the popular tourist attractions included in Dehradun honeymoon packages.
5. Lachhiwala - Located in the suburbs of the city of Dehradun at Lachhiwala the fresh water stream enters into different pools spread over 700m of area. The water level has a height of 4ft to 7ft in different pools. It is one of the popular tourist attractions included in Dehradun honeymoon packages.
6. Malsi Deer Park - It is a zoological park located at the base of the Shivalik range in Dehradun. You will find here two horned deers, Tiger, Neelgai, and Peacock. It is also a great picnic spot. It is one of the popular tourist attractions included in Dehradun honeymoon packages.
7. Robber’s Cave - Also known as Guchhipani it is an ideal place for a holiday. Surrounded by hills it is known for its natural scenic beauty. It is an easy trek of 1km. There is a beautiful cave and a sparkling stream flowing underneath which are the main attractions of this place.
8. Tapkeshwar Temple - About 8kms from Dehradun situated on the banks of a stream in Garhi Cant lays Tapkeshwar Temple which is dedicated to Lord Shiva. This place is highly respected by the devotees of Lord Shiva.
Hence we can conclude that visiting the above mentioned sight seeing places in and around Dehradun will definitely be an enjoyable and delightful experience for honeymooners.
Dehradun Honeymoon Packages And Places of Interest