June 03, 2013: Companyprofilesandconferences.com added a new company report on "Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Report on Affymetrix, Inc." which gives in depth information and data about the company and its operations.
Affymetrix, Inc. (Affymetrix) is a medical equipment company. It carries out the development, production, sales and service of consumables and equipment systems for genetic analysis in the life sciences and clinical healthcare markets. It offers products for two applications, namely, genotyping and gene expression. Affymetrix offers three families of instrument systems, namely, GeneChip, GeneTitan and GeneAtlas that include instruments, consumables and software. The company’s platform is based on its GeneChip system and related microarray technology, which is used to acquire, analyze and manage complex genetic information. Affymetrix's products are widely used by pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agrichemical, diagnostic and consumer product companies, as well as academic, government and other non-profit research institutes. Its operations are spread across the US, Europe, Japan and several other regions. Affymetrix is headquartered in California, the US.
The company focuses on thoughtfully designed innovations, based on extensive consumer insight, to meet the needs of hospitals and clinics. Affymetrix envisages establishing its position through the development of innovative drugs and enhancement of existing ones, internal development, strong partner relationships, strategic collaborations and acquisitions.
Affymetrix, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Mar 22, 2013 Affymetrix Signs Contract With UK Biobank To Genotype 500,000 UK Individuals As Part Of Epidemiological Study
Jan 31, 2013 Affymetrix Reports Revenue Of $295.6m In 2012
Jan 08, 2013 Affymetrix Implements Corporate Restructuring, Reduces Workforce By 8%
Nov 06, 2012 Affymetrix Introduces Axiom miRNA Target Site Genotyping Arrays
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Affymetrix, Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key manufacturing facilities – A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Report on Affymetrix