Batteries are consumables and has a limited life expectancy, cheapbatterystore most manufacturers warranty for the laptop battery time ranging from three months to one year, Dell laptop batteries is to follow industry-standard one-year limited warranty. For the battery, the correct use and proper storage is able to significantly extend laptop battery life.
1. When using an external power supply, you can win without battery
(A) motherboard chip to prevent overcharging. When the battery charge to 100%, the charge control chips (FET) will stop charging the battery. We do not have to worry about damage to the Asus laptop battery.
(2) battery connection would avoid BIOS information loss.
(3) to prevent sudden power loss of data.
2. To prevent exposure to prevent damp to prevent the erosion of chemical liquids, avoid contact with metal objects touch the battery short circuit, etc. happen.
3. Long-term without laptop, how to save battery?
We will experience a period of time without using laptop,such as Toshiba laptop batteries ,the battery is fully charged, should save, or need to save up is finished? Put long-term preservation photoelectric batteries will lose their activity, and even lead to the control circuit protection self-locking and can not re-use, full power will bring long-term preservation security risks, the best method is to save electricity use to 40% and then stored in the cool, dry place, about 20 degrees Celsius is the ideal storage temperature. Of course, the best month to take the battery out used once, both to ensure the battery good state of preservation, but not so damaged battery is completely drain the battery.
Extend notebook battery operating time
(1) lower the screen brightness. How to adjust the brightness using the battery laptop, boot by F2, into the BIOS to adjust the Brightness Video items. Or use the fn + down / up
key combinations to quickly adjust brightness.
(2) Open the CPU speedstep feature, you can greatly extend the Acer laptop battery operation time; Cpu's speedstep function of the BIOS is enabled by default. When using the battery, cpu will automatically down-use in order to save energy. If not enabled, boot by F2, into the BIOS found in Performance, Speedstep Enable setting to Enabled. (Old BIOS is the Alt + P to the sixth page, modify intel speedstep)
(3) use of standby, sleep and other functions. When long time without a computer, allowing notebook standby or hibernate, saving power and prolong the life of the computer. (Tip: Make sure the graphics driver installed successfully, power management options can be set.)
When using the battery,for example Compaq netbook battery try to turn off the wireless, Bluetooth and infrared port. Also remove without the use of peripherals and avoid big 3D enabled programs, games, etc, to reduce unnecessary battery consumption
Laptop battery maintenance