Windows Backup is the most essential application needed for creating safe backup of your important data. Although you can use third party window maintenance tools for creating backup but most of the people prefer Windows backup tool that come’s up with preinstalled with Windows operating system. In this article I will let you know "What files you must include while creating backup of your computer system". Most of the people who know how to create backup must be thinking that reading this article is waste of time but I can assure you that once you go through it there will be tremendous change in your opinion.
What files you must Backup:
- First of all you must gather all important documents scattered on your hard drive at one place. This usually includes your word documents, credentials, presentations etc. Don't forget to collect application setup which you will need while installing your new computer setup like Microsoft office, Google chrome or Mozilla Firefox setup, VLC player, You tube downloader etc. what you think must be required.
- Then you should move to your computer hard drive(C :), in the Program files create backup of your application Configuration/Settings and logs. Don't forget to create backup of Database, most of the people don't bother about these small things but they repent when they have to create again same database.
- Pics, songs and Videos. I am sure that most of the people even including me never make mistake while creating backup of movies, audio songs, video songs etc. even people keep wallpaper collection of their favorite celebrities and no need to say they never forget to create backup of these useful stuff.
- Now a day’s people keep mails on desktop via webmail client services like MS Outlook, Windows Live and AOL. Don't forget to create backup of all important mails; they all are stored as .pst file format.
- Most of the people also customize their logon screen, desktop and power management options through making certain changes in the registry files, thus it is always recommended to create backup of registry files, though you can access them through Registry Editor Window through control panel or Start SearchBox, If you are not able to accomplish the required task then you should go for certain third party window maintenance tools.
- BOOKMARKS: Bookmarks contains the most frequently browsed web links. It is always recommended to create backup of these bookmarks as they are very useful for future reference.
- You can also try creating backup of your "System image" which contains exact copy of your system and when you restore it you will get your same computer again. It is not preferred as it renders limited choices to user while selecting stuff for creating backup.
What to avoid while creating backup:
- You don't need to create backup of your system drive content as they all will be recreated again and it is always recommended to not create backup of "Windows", "Program file" etc.
- Avoid creating backup of redundant data as it consumes lot of space which can be used for storing any useful stuff.
Thus if you implement the above mentioned tips while creating backup then you it will ease your backup creation and new computer setup installation.