Engineering is the discipline and profession of applying scientific knowledge implement materials, structures, machines, devices, systems, and processes that realize a desired objective and meet specified criteria.
One who practices Engineering is called an engineer, and those licensed to do so may have more formal designations such as Professional Engineer is a signals your ability to take on a higher level of responsibility. It demands respect. To yourself, it's a symbol pride and measure of your own hard-won achievement. Chartered Engineeris an engineer registered with the Engineering Council (the British regulatory body for engineers). Contemporary chartered engineers are degree-qualified, and have gained professional competencies through training and experience. Incorporated Engineer is a specialist devoted to the development and implementation of existing technology within a field of engineering.
The broad discipline of engineering encompasses a range of more specialized sub disciplines, each with a more specific emphasis on certain fields of application and particular areas of technology.
There are several engineering colleges in India imparting undergraduate and graduate courses in engineering, applied engineering and sciences. The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs), the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), the National Institutes of Technology (NITs),the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), are the renowned and reputed institutes in the country.
Central University India
- State universities are run by the state government of each of the states and territories of India.
- Deemed university, or "Deemed-to-be-University", is a status of autonomy granted by the Department of Higher Education on the advice of the UGC.
- Private universities are approved by the UGC. They can grant degrees but they are not allowed to have off-campus affiliated colleges.
There are several engineering courses
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology
- · Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial and Production Engineering
- Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural and Food Engineering
- Aircraft Manufacturing and Maintenance Engineering
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Architecture Engineering
- Automation and Robotics
- Automobile Engineering
· Aeronautical Engineering
Main Branches of Engineering
Engineering, much like other science, is a broad discipline which is often broken down into several sub-disciplines. These disciplines concern themselves with differing areas of engineering work. . Engineering is often characterized as having four main branches:
- Chemical engineering – The application of physics, chemistry, biology, and engineering principles in order to carry out chemical processes on a commercial scale.
- Civil engineering – The design and construction of public and private works, such as infrastructure (airports, roads, railways, water supply and treatment etc.), bridges, dams, and buildings.
- Electrical engineering – The design and study of various electrical and electronic systems, such as electrical circuits, generators, motors, devices, electronic devices, computer systems, telecommunications, instrumentation, controls, and electronics.
- Mechanical engineering – The design of physical or mechanical systems, such as power and energy systems, aerospace/aircraft products, weapon systems, transportation products engines, compressors, kinematic chains, vacuum technology, and vibration isolation equipment.