A short circuit is defined as “an abnormal connection between two nodes of an electric circuit intended to be at different voltages. These results in an excessive electric current over current limited only by the venin equivalent resistance of the rest of the network and potentially causes circuit damage, overheating, fire or explosion. Although usually the result of a fault, there are cases where short circuits are caused intentionally, for example, for the purpose of voltage-sensing crowbar circuit protectors.” Indeed a dangerous phenomenon and so we bring down a few safety measures to avoid a mishap of this kind,
.Do not attach multiple appliances to single power source. Using many outlets would risk at overloading of power supply thus causing short circuit.
· Use an electric circuit breaker (fuse) with respect to the power to be used. Be sure that you don’t overload it. Before installing the fuses, discuss it with your electrician Rochester that what kind of fuse specification it would require.
· Electrical cables installed in the house premises must be duly covered and kept naked or open. It is not only hazardous for the electric appliances running on it but is even life threatening. Usually the power cord peeling very sensitive, especially with a liquid compound that can instantly create sparks. Rochester Electrician will make sure that such negligence doesn’t take place.
· Keep electricity sources such as sockets, switches and electrical wiring out of the reach of children. Not only will your house be at risk of fire, but the baby can be a victim. So be careful with that. Make the area having these kinds of connections should not be accessible to your kids.
· Prune trees if they are is approaching or touching power line. During bad weather the trees could force the wires to rub against each other and thus causing sparking which can lead to a huge power failure as well.
· Install and subscribe power supply of proper load & capacity. In case your power supply is below the required capacity it might lead to overload, resulting in short circuit which could even take the shape of fire mishap. Ask your Rochester electrician and get the power meter of right capacity.
· Make it a practice to use electricity, electric appliances and all other power operated appliances with safety. Ensure that you follow the safety checkpoints before using or repairing them.
· Do not forget to remind your child or a neighbor that do not play or move under power lines and other electrical networks. Educate and inform them about the dire consequences and what it could lead to.
Lon Lockwood Rochester Electrician is a complete electrical solution service provider which offers Residential and Commercial electrical services. A lot of people might concern the charges of hiring an experienced electrician to be extremely high however, this is not the case. Electrical repair Rochester prices charge fairly creating them very inexpensive to numerous people. Lon lock wood electrician will tell you of any parts that require to be replaced as well.
Short Circuit: Preventions Measures must be taken