ASP.Net stands for Active Server Pages developed by Microsoft. It focuses on deploying extremely secure and dependable applications with the best service in terms of connectivity. It leverages the power of Microsoft’s .NET platform to allow writing dynamic, data-driven applications that run over the web. It works as a server side web application framework which designs robust and customized applications with ideal business logic, correct informational flow management and a scalable platform with the ease of deployment.
ASP.Net is in demand for its power and flexibility. It has world class tool support by having WYSIWYG editor and drag-and-drop server controls, which helps in deploying applications automatically. It easily renders simple form submission and client authentication to deployment and site configuration. Every process is closely monitored and managed by the ASP.NET runtime. With each dying process, a new process is created again, which helps in keeping application constantly available to handle requests. The web server plays a major role by continuously monitoring pages, components and applications running on it. If there is any memory leak or infinite loop, it immediately stops those activities and restarts itself. It gives out of the box features like just-in-time compilation, early binding, native optimization and caching services.
The rise of platforms is being driven by three transformative technologies: cloud, social and mobile. ASP.Net platform has rendered cloud, social and mobile based applications. Today, it provides a robust platform for building web applications, including those that target HTML5. The cloud enables a global infrastructure for production, allowing anyone to create content and applications for a global audience. Social networks connect people globally and maintain their identity online. Mobile allows connection to this global infrastructure anytime, anywhere. The result is a globally accessible network of entrepreneurs, workers and consumers who are available to create businesses online available to millions of users.
There have been a lot of improvements made to ASP.NET Web Forms over the many years. The success of a platform strategy is determined by three factors:
- Connection: How easily users can plug into the platform to share and transact.
- Gravity: How well the platform attracts customers, both producers and consumers.
- Flow: How well the platform fosters the exchange and co-creation of value.
ASP.Net is the next level framework used to create enterprise-class web sites, web applications and technologies. It develops customized applications which are accessible on a global basis leading to efficient information management. It makes sure the above three factors are present in all of their applications.
ASP.NET is a leading technology and practices best standards to deliver the right web based solutions for any given budget. It helps update existing website, makes one realize how social business in important to harness any business. It helps to easily set up and advertise any business online. It helps in optimizing any website by search engine optimization thus adding more traffic to websites.
Top Features of ASP.NET what makes it successful
- Compiled Code – ASP.Net provides websites with increased performance by running compiled versus interpreted code.
- Language Support – Supports standard programming languages including Visual Basic, C# and C++. It even supports VBScript and Jscript.
- Strict Coding Requirements – Developers are forced to stick to strict coding standards. This promotes a professional engineering approach to ASP.Net application development.
- Event-Driven Programming Model – All ASP.Net objects on a web page expose events that can be processed by ASP.Net code. Handling events such as Load, click and change via code reduces program complexity and increases organization.
- Third-Party Controls – It has a large base of high-quality third-party controls that can be obtained to significantly speed up development time and reduce cost.
- User Authentication – ASP.Net supports forms-based user authentication, including cookie management and automatic redirection of unauthorized logins.
- Easier Configuration & Deployment – Configuration is done with plain text files which can be uploaded or changed while the application is running. There is no need to restart the web server to affect a change.
- Object and Page Caching – ASP.Net objects and pages can be cached to dramatically increase performance. The caching system is very advanced, allowing one to specify what needs to be cached and what doesn’t and when to recall the cached information rather than perform a new request.
- Higher Scalability – ASP.Net has some great scalability features built into it, including maintaining session state across servers and multi-processor load balancing.
With all the above features, ASP.Net is regarded the next generation platform where every business has benefited from this technology from small to large corporate web application distributed across multiple networks. ASP.NET provides the best possible features which can meet any successful online business.
We provide .net application development services. If you would like to know more about our certified .net developers, please get in touch with us at Mindfire Solutions.